ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (13/20) > >>

kunkel321:
Ideas for energy unit conversions...  
It occurs to me that a pound of fat = 3500 kcals  :Thmbsup: ;)
Also, 1 gram of carbs = 4 kcals
1 gram protein = 4 kcals
1 gram fat = 9 kcals
1 gram alcohol (ethanol, like you drink) = 9 kcals.
It might be fun to include dietary and exercise info:
One cola = 35 grams sugar.
Ten minutes jogging = (??) kcals.
Of course dietary and exercise would always be estimations.   :-\

kunkel321:
Here we go...  I was seeing all the ways to confuse OC...

1 gizmo and 1 gizmo
add 1 and 3
5 by 3
divide 5 by 3
divide 5 via 3
5 divided by 3
The quotient of 6 by 3
subtract 6 from 9
how many 6s in 36
how many times is 6 in 36
6 goes into 36 how many times
increase 2 by 3
total of 2 and 4
7 less 4
difference of 7 and 3
difference between 7 and 3
deduct 3 from 7
decrease 7 by 3
product of 5 and 5
multiply 4 with 4
multiply 4 and 4
multiply 4 by 4

Pay extra attention to how "Multiply" works...  The bottom three items each = 55.  Not sure why/how.

Also, how does "total of 2 and 4" yield 49,320, rather than just "24?"

===========
Edit:  By the way, I'm not suggesting that each of these are statements that should be recognized by OC, they are just examples of verbiage that might get used by the average (non technical) user. I got ideas for the terminology from here http://www.mathsisfun.com/basic-math-definitions.html

kunkel321:
Bug!  

Everyone knows that 2 wrongs don't make a right!  Ha!

Edit:  BTW, yes, I did figure out how to do user-defined units ;)

Twinbee:
Yes Soulver goes more down that route of trying to cater to common English statements. Despite some rare exceptions in OpalCalc (e.g. "5 minus 2" or "10 thousand" to name two), that's a dangerous route to go down, because A: The English language is inconsistent, thus causing nightmare ambiguities of certain cases, and B: Because it'd be very difficult to implement especially whilst keeping everything else consistent. And C: Some words may conflict with special keywords that already exist.

Pay extra attention to how "Multiply" works...  The bottom three items each = 55.  Not sure why/how.
--- End quote ---

Despite being 'unsupported syntax', that's a tiny bug I guess. That and the other thing is worth an extra $5. Nice one! You're the only one to submit bugs so far. Surely others would like some cash too ;) Glad to avoid an avalanche of bugs so far  :D

Also, how does "total of 2 and 4" yield 49,320, rather than just "24?"
--- End quote ---

It's basically saying: total multiplied by (24), since "of" means "multiply".

kunkel321:
Here try this:  Use Ctrl+Q (which is a pretty cool feature btw!).  After using it, the Esc button doesn't work.  (OC can only be quit via the red [x] button on the window border.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version