ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (12/20) > >>

kunkel321:
Feature idea:  
The newer Excel versions have this auto-completion popup gizmo

Would it be feasible to have this in OpalCalc?

As always, DON'T add it if there is going to be a huge performance cost--speed is more important.
If you do add this, please consider allowing me to choose what types of functions are offered preferred in the list.  I use unit and currency conversions a lot, but never use the fancy trig and calculus operations, so I don't really want to see them at the top of the list.  Also, if I have a certain type of unit already defined, the list should not show items that would result in an error.  (e.g. if I type "2 USD as C" then the list would have "CAD" as an item, but it would not have "Cubits.")  

Another idea for a feature:  Have it so that if I have any currency abbreviations typed in, a button appears on the toolbar that says [update currency db] that I can click to update it.  

Question/request/possible bug:  
Would like to copy this

And paste it as text.   Either like this
1+1+1 | 3
or maybe like this
[1+1+1][3]

Currently if I use the "Copy answer to clipboard" function, it only copies "1+1+1."

kunkel321:
v-1,000,000.
-Twinbee (July 18, 2012, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
   :P  ;)

Twinbee:
Right, the dropdown menu / auto-completion will have to wait as that would be tricky to implement. Agreed about the speed thing.

As for currencies updating, well they automatically do once the answer is shown. Maybe I misunderstood?

And paste it as text.   Either like this
1+1+1 | 3
or maybe like this
[1+1+1][3]

--- End quote ---

Aha, that was implemented for 1.50. Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+C (with no text selected). That should the sum and the answer to make 1+1+1 = 3.
Also FYI, Ctrl+C copies the whole sum, and Alt+C copies the answer (again if nothing is selected).

kunkel321:
As for currencies updating, well they automatically do once the answer is shown. Maybe I misunderstood?
--- End quote ---

Oh that's even better!  I was assuming that the conversion rates for the different currencies could only be updated via the Options "Update Now" command.

Aha, that was implemented for 1.50. Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+C (with no text selected). That should the sum and the answer to make 1+1+1 = 3.
Also FYI, Ctrl+C copies the whole sum, and Alt+C copies the answer (again if nothing is selected).

--- End quote ---

Excellent!  Yes, it does work as described--very nice! 
Do be sure to update the GUI elements in OC

Twinbee:
Do be sure to update the GUI elements in OC
--- End quote ---
Yes, I suppose I should, despite the apx 10 millisecond extra boot time (sigh ;) )

EDIT: Oh yes, and they're mistaken as well. That's sorta a bug. Find another like it to get $5 more ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version