ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (2/20) > >>

flamerz:
thanks for advertising your software.

its awesome.

donation sent already :)

fenixproductions:
@Twinbee
Suggestion:
easy colours conversion built in, i.e.
HTML: rgb(192,192,192) -> #c0c0c0;
or
HTML: #FF7F50 -> coral

Twinbee:
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments all!

OpalCalc is AWESOME!  I registered it a few weeks ago after using the free version for a long time  (years?)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps you have a time machine since it's only been available from around Autumn last year ;) Haha, thanks for the comments, and as regards the "history/memory", do you mean referring to a particular line, like "line 3"?

EDIT:  I just installed the newest version, and yes, it is faster!  I like the new Volcano skin.  I think that we can all agree it looks awesome with the Jupiter skin I have going
--- End quote ---
That looks ace - did you make the Jupiter backdrop? I wondered about the buttons at the top - that Actual Window Manager program looks interesting! As for the saturation thing, well, if you drag it to 25% that's essentially greyscale. But the 'extra tint' you're talking about is if you drag it even further than that, where we end with negative saturation (almost like negative colours). Basically, it adds more colour setups than the 5 would suggest!

What a stunning amount of power in such a deceptively simple-looking program. Wow.
--- End quote ---
Cheers, Ctrl+F1 will make it even simpler (whilst still allowing the function keys to act as shortcuts).

thanks for advertising your software.

its awesome.

donation sent already
--- End quote ---

Many thankyous :)

@Twinbee
Suggestion:
easy colours conversion built in, i.e.
HTML: rgb(192,192,192) -> #c0c0c0;
or
HTML: #FF7F50 -> coral
--- End quote ---
Ah, that's interesting. I could generalize a couple of things to make this work, but it could be a lot of effort. Alternatively, I may specifically code this feature as it is quite often used I guess. I might add rgb2hex() and hex2rgb(). For now you can type:

...and make sure the output is base 16. It's a workaround of sorts!

Renegade:
Wow... Just checked it out, and... in a word... WOW! :)

When I saw this thread a while ago, I thought... Oh god... who cares about a calculator... There are plenty of crappy ones out there already... But you've really come up with something out of the box here! I think I'm going to like this a lot. 

I'll be giving this a spin over the next while as I just about always have an instance or 3 of Calc.exe open.

Oh - and for the colour values -- that would be awesome. I've done colour programming here and there (in .NET and JS), and I think that you'll be surprised at just how easy it is (I don't know about how it would fit into OpalCalc, but the actual colour stuff isn't very hard). It can be somewhat tedious, but there is lots of code out there, and there are lots of charts that can be put in a permanent array for reference.

rjbull:
Before OpalCalc, it turned out nothing on Windows like this existed.-Twinbee (April 07, 2012, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Erm, Hyperionics freeware Free Math Calculator is basically similar - but it's console mode...  WJJsoft's freeware calculator is based on a similar approach, but doesn't have as much functionality (and seems to be gone from their Web site, too).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version