ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More YouTube Censorship

<< < (2/9) > >>

Renegade:
I tripped across another incident of YouTube censorship quite by accident.

I'm putting it in a spoiler though as the topic of the censored video is likely to cause some controversy. I am not trying to highlight any controversy or advocate any position or discredit any position, so please don't get that idea -- I am merely pointing out censorship (or what certainly looks like censorship -- you decide for yourself though).

For those that are predisposed to being easily offended, don't click the spoiler.

Potentially offensive to some people
So, I came across a link to this site:

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/

And was interested in what they had to say about the science/facts. Clicking through to here:

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/WTC2.html

They link to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXEdrpzU_Qg

With a note below it:

The above video has been removed from youtube. However, we are leaving the link to show how evidence is disappearing from the net.
--- End quote ---

Now, given the highly charged nature of the topic, I find it rather difficult to believe that the account was terminated for any other reason than to censor.

In any event... I don't know the absolute Truth about exactly why that video is gone, but it is rather suspect.

tomos:
Veering slightly off-topic:

# The creation of the humerous/offensive video (Alex Jones) serves to
a large extent to make people more sympathetic to the person/cause
it so personally attacks. (I'm talking about people who are not already
supporters of that cause **)

# YouTube/Google OTOH, by censoring the video, ironically serve to
create sympathy for the person/cause they censor.

This could be called my opinion - but to me this is patently obvious.
I see it again and again and again and again. People who think they
are helping a cause actually damaging it and thereby supporting
whatever it is they're fighting...

** I'm a good example of a casual fairly neutral person watching the
vid - and I am honestly neutral in this climate debate because I'm
so totally confused by it at this stage. I see what this woman has
written as offensive and stupid. I watch his video and I sympathise
with her -because of the personal attack on her looks/facial expression-
and thereby his (Alex Jones) cause is weakened in my eyes.

Similarly with Google's censorship..

mwb1100:
This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy
prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten
--- End quote ---

Dunno what google are thinking - **
I presume they were put under (a lot of?) pressure to remove this, but even so, what kind of response did they expect...
-tomos (April 05, 2012, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, in other words, they were politically motivated to remove the video... Which is even worse. (I'm glad you pointed that out as I didn't want to, but rather leave it for someone else to notice.)

-Renegade (April 05, 2012, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would have guessed that rather than a lot of pressure, all it might have required was a request by the professor herself.

I imagine that youtube probably doesn't consider her a public figure in the same way that a politician or 'celebrity' is.  And I wouldn't be surprised if youtube more or less takes the word of the claimed 'harrassee' when they make such a complaint. I also think that would be a pretty reasonable policy.

Of course, I'm just speculating.

mwb1100:
I see what this woman has written as offensive and stupid.
-tomos (April 06, 2012, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I couldn't find the paper - all I found was an abstract, a brief announcement about the paper, and the characterizations of what the paper said in the infowars.com and prisonplanet articles/videos.

And quite frankly, after reading the abstract I'm quite sure I'd have a hard time slogging thorough the paper, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to read it.

I'm also more than a little skeptical of the description by the infowars.com/prisonplanet articles and videos.

Renegade:
I see what this woman has written as offensive and stupid.
-tomos (April 06, 2012, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I couldn't find the paper - all I found was an abstract, a brief announcement about the paper, and the characterizations of what the paper said in the infowars.com and prisonplanet articles/videos.

And quite frankly, after reading the abstract I'm quite sure I'd have a hard time slogging thorough the paper, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to read it.

I'm also more than a little skeptical of the description by the infowars.com/prisonplanet articles and videos.

-mwb1100 (April 06, 2012, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just search on her name and there are a ton of people freaking out over her nuttiness. Infowars is very far from alone in ridiculing her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version