ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More YouTube Censorship

(1/9) > >>

Renegade:
Well, it is a company, and it can do what it wants, but seriously? Censoring? It just doesn't go down well...

Here's the censored video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IswA63-Zqkw

And commentary on the censorship - ON YOUTUBE~! ;D HAHAHAHAHAHHAA~!

And an article on the video being pulled:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/you-tube-censors-video-about-global-warming-alarmist-calling-for-skeptics-to-be-treated.html

Poking fun at a public figure who openly calls for skeptics of man-made global warming to be “treated” as a way of re-educating them is apparently off limits for You Tube, who censored a video in which Alex Jones used absurdist satire as a vehicle to illustrate the crackpot and dangerous beliefs of University of Oregon Professor Kari Norgaard.

--- End quote ---

The original video can be viewed at that URL via Blip.tv.

I saw the video the other day, and all he did was poke fun at this professor:

Jones gave her the "Skeksy Award", which is really just a joke.

There's nothing remotely worth censoring in the video. Sure the humour may be a bit silly, but so what?

And yeah... it's a publicly traded company and all that... But still... Whether it's Amazon deleting books, or Apple banning apps, or Google censoring videos, there's something sickening about control freak censorship.

IainB:
Well, you've had things such as, for example:

* The publication of the World Government Plan (The Covenant) by the proponents of AGW;
* An AGW spokesman coming out and specifying that their "Cause" is World Government;
* The proposal of a new "World Bank" to collect punitive carbon taxes/fines and redistribute that wealth to poorer countries, and it's to have immunity from prosecution too, under the wing of the UN;
* The UN IPCC's litany of "mistakes" and misinformation, and a stochastic lie in the shape of the "hockey stick";
* The proposal by a scientist to genetically modify humans to adapt them to accepting the AGW creed;
* Now a sociologist recommending that skeptics be "treated" for their skepticism as though it were a social crime;
* The Climategate 1 and 2 FOIA files;
* The Gleickgate fraud.
What else do you need?
Hmm...if it smells like a rat and looks like a rat, then...but no, I see no rats here.    8)
Could it all be just a big joke?    :huh:

tomos:
This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy
prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten
--- End quote ---

Dunno what google are thinking - **
I presume they were put under (a lot of?) pressure to remove this, but even so, what kind of response did they expect...

I saw the video the other day, and all he did was poke fun at this professor:
-Renegade (April 04, 2012, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

looks like you're poking fun a bit at the professor as well :p
She does seem to mostly have a fairly quirky expression, but I cant help wondering if the first pic you show is photoshopped (*not* saying you had anything to do with it if it is!)

** [edit] then again, I havent seen the video - is it on show anywhere else? [/edit]

[another_edit] here it is. I'd censor it for not being funny; for being very personal (harrassing bullying?); but I dont believe in censorship myself, &, I suppose it's besides the point - but I've seen lots worse on youtube [/another_edit]

Renegade:
This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy
prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten
--- End quote ---

Dunno what google are thinking - **
I presume they were put under (a lot of?) pressure to remove this, but even so, what kind of response did they expect...
-tomos (April 05, 2012, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, in other words, they were politically motivated to remove the video... Which is even worse. (I'm glad you pointed that out as I didn't want to, but rather leave it for someone else to notice.)

looks like you're poking fun a bit at the professor as well :p
She does seem to mostly have a fairly quirky expression, but I cant help wondering if the first pic you show is photoshopped (*not* saying you had anything to do with it if it is!)
--- End quote ---

That's the thing - I didn't poke fun at her at all. I didn't need to. I merely needed to post her picture, and leave it to you to poke fun at her without any intervention from myself.

She looks crazed.

And no - that photo isn't photoshopped. That's her.

** [edit] then again, I havent seen the video - is it on show anywhere else? [/edit]

[another_edit] here it is. I'd censor it for not being funny; for being very personal (harrassing bullying?); but I dont believe in censorship myself, &, I suppose it's besides the point - but I've seen lots worse on youtube [/another_edit]
--- End quote ---

Alex isn't a great comedian, and his humour is a bit over the top sometimes. So yeah, I can certainly see why some wouldn't find it very funny. He goes more for ridiculous than funny.

But still - nothing in the video warranted censorship.

Renegade:
If you do not believe me, here is a link with her mugshot:

http://www.whitman.edu/content/magazine/in-their-words/dearmrpresident/norgaard

Not shopped! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version