ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Any DC members thinking of trying Kickstarter?

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
Any DC Members thinking of trying to create a Kickstarter project?  Please let us know if you do so we can help support it.

I'd also be interested in joining a kickstarter project as a programmers if someone came up with a really interesting big one.

timns:
I'm sure glad you mentioned Kickstarter - I just found Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun are looking for funding. It must be my month for donations ;)

wraith808:
Yeah... I've been on there a lot; I guess I need to start my articles again :)

Some that I've recently backed/have been looking at that are still open:

Shadowrun Returns - Shadowrun CRPG
Bendi - The iPad Stand Exactly Where You Want - Ipad stand
Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack - Wargaming with legos
Artisan Dice - Carved wooden dice
Wasteland 2 - Sequel to Wasteland the classic CRPG
The Astonishing Adventures of Doc Wilde!!! - Pulp fiction series (a la Doc Savage)
Tectonic Craft Studios New Line of War Games Terrain - Wargaming Terrain
Conquest - Boardgame on your ipad to reduce setup time.
Spriter - Animation tool
The Dead Linger - Zombie Shooter
Starlight Inception - Space Combat Game
Aura Tactics - Unity Tactical RPG
Valdis Story: Abyssal City - Side scrolling video game

And on a side note: something that was started by InXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2 creators) - Kicking it Forward - putting proceeds from Kickstarter projects back into Kickstarter.

mouser:
I think I'll actually be trying to kickstarter a board/card game project before the year is up.. it's a simple game i've tinkered with for a while and after playing it with my family at the latest family gathering, and having a lot of fun, i think it's worth giving it a try.  i can handle the production of pieces/cards, but i would like to find someone who has the special skills at making a really polished professional looking kickstarter video for it -- that seems to be critical to success (the pitch video seems at least as important as the content of the game!).

insert_nick:
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version