ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

BitTorrent - why bother?

<< < (9/9)

f0dder:
cFosSpeed is an external app that will work on your machine in general, it isn't a plugin for Azureus. I do have mixed experiences with the app, though :/. Once when I tried it, it really did help greatly. After a windows re-install, it was as if it had no effect.

I suggest you give the trial version a spin: http://www.cfos.de

brotherS:
Is cFosSpeed built into Azureus or is it one of the plugins? If it's a plugin, where can I find it?
-Deozaan (April 05, 2006, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
I added the URL in f0dder's post above.

I went to the Azureus wiki and changed my settings according to their Good Settings wiki page. It suggested I put my upload throttle at about 19k, which immediately destroyed my browsing. Downloading torrents doesn't seem to be affected by my upload speed, but browsing the internet does. So I've got it reduced to 10k and it seems to be working well. I'm not downloading anything right now, so I can't tell if my download rates have improved, but at least my upload is twice as much as before. That should help keep my share ratio higher.

--- End quote ---
Then your ISP probably isn't *really* giving you the speed you are paying for or you are using cable. The AutoSpeed plugin could be interesting for you then. Use the built-in IRC plugin to ask for more help if needed.

Azureus =  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version