ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

DcUpdater reports incorrect version of installed app

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
Very interesting and some good theories.. let me go check DcUpdater code and see if it's being naughty as your evidence suggests..

mouser:
By the way have I mentioned that I believe Microsoft's hidden Virtual Store has to be one of the worst, stupidist decisions anyone has made in the 21st century?

mouser:
Ok i think I might have located the problem -- and it looks like you were basically right in your theory about dcupdater opening a file in readwrite mode when it shouldn't be!

I should have known where to look in my code because I have a function in my code called (apologies for the curse word):
FixupFuckedLibCurlXmlDownloadedFile()

And obviously I was in a bad mood when I wrote that sucker.. Basically the .dcupdate files could come from local directory or be temp downloaded files.  In the latter case it looks like libcurl is mucking with the files when it shouldn't and was requiring me to do a little kludge to patch them up.

My mistake was opening ALL such files as readwrite in that function, in the off chance that they would have to be modified.

I'm fixing it now so that the files are ONLY opened as readwrite (or indeed checked for bad libcurl issue) if they are downloaded temp files.

New version should be imminent.

mouser:
You know, we have had the occasional odd report of DcUpdater detecting the wrong version, with inconclusive hunts for the cause.
I believe you have likely caught the beast responsible, sba.  For that I say thanks.  :up:

sba:
U're welcome.

Indeed I'd experienced this kind of problem for quite some time, but hadn't bitten the bullet 'til today.

I'm assuming a public update to DcUpdater (that it will detect ;-) ) will be online soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version