ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

image from clipboard to online notes

(1/1)

Steven Avery:
Hi,

My goal is to have online notes with a fair amount of simplicity.  Since it is largely a holding pattern for quick remembrance until the entry is brought over to RightNote, or MyBase, or another more permanent.  Or used in an email or forum, or printed, reviewed, etc.  Thus you should be able to get in and out fairly quickly.

The de minimus features include the ability to accept an image to clipboard ( using Abbyy Screenshot Reader or Screenshot Captor etc to make the image). RTF (rich text format) is more or less required.  

Here are some of the interesting online note programs, more or less.

Backpack, Springpad, Springnote, Notepub, Threetags, Webnote, Ubernote, Tiddlywiki, minutes.io, jjot, Evernote
Webasyst, Zoho

I looked at Zoho, and they wanted a file upload or a pointer url.  Possibly acceptable, but another step, cumbersome.  Granted I could use a picture upload thing that immediately gives me an online url, but that would only be a plan B.

======================

Similar questions can be asked about regular notes, where this would be a more-or-less standard feature of the better programs. Maybe.

And also Sticky notes, where Zhorn's Sticky Notes and Globonotes (open source) I think have the feature of taking the image from the clipboard. And NoteZilla and others could be compared.  

However, my main question is online notes, which I would like to add to my repertoire in a limited way.
Who is good, who is limited.

Oh, it would be a nice feature for this forum, too. :) .

======================

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version