ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

FTP Uploader

(1/6) > >>

jgpaiva:
Based on Chrono's upload to ftp tool (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=493.0), i created a new tool that can be configured with SC, to upload images to and ftp very fast.

The best feature about it, is that you can set a final url, that'll be changed with the name of the file you upload, and copyed to clipboard.
Since most of the times, if you upload an image to an ftp, you want to paste it's name elsewhere, this tool, after uploading the file, will place it's url in the clipboard.

It's syntax is the following:

FtpUploader.exe FTPURL USERNAME PASSWORD FILENAME FILEURL
ex: FtpUploader.exe ftp.FooBar.com FooUser FooPassword Screenshot.png http://foobar.com/foouser

The final url copied to the clipboard is "fileurl/filename". In this example, it'd be http://foobar.com/foouser/Screenshot.png
If you don't wish to use with the copy to clipboard function, just don't put anything under FILEURL, and nothing will be copied.

This script is directed essentially at the SC's external tools configuration, so, here's the instructions on how to configure it on SC:

* Goto tools menu -> configure external tools.
* Click Add.
* Select some name for it (like for example: "upload to ftp").
* Browse for it's file
* Fill "arguments" field with FTPURL USERNAME PASSWORD "%file%" FILEURL.
You can get the compiled version here.
Or the .ahk file here.

allen:
Another option is RCFtp.

It was designed to be a right click context menu option (right click > upload) but accepts command line parameters as well, so you can easily use it (as I do) as an external tool with Screenshot Captor or your text editor.  What I particularly like is that it stores ftp profiles -- so when I go to upload, I can select which account and directory I want to send it to.  That way I don't have to configure different tools for different upload dirs.

jgpaiva:
Another option is RCFtp.

It was designed to be a right click context menu option (right click > upload) but accepts command line parameters as well, so you can easily use it (as I do) as an external tool with Screenshot Captor or your text editor.  What I particularly like is that it stores ftp profiles -- so when I go to upload, I can select which account and directory I want to send it to.  That way I don't have to configure different tools for different upload dirs.
-allen (April 04, 2006, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that is a good point, but the main reason i made this, is to have the final url copied to the clipbard, and don't have to do many clicks to upload something, just click "upload" and wait ;)

allen:
Yeah, that is handy . . . I might have to request such a feature be added to RCFtp :)

AbteriX:
Thanks jgpaiva.
Thanks allen: command line support, freeware, (no installation needed) , i like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version