ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Text Editor just for text (stay with me)

<< < (6/7) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Wordstar is a very powerful writing tool once you can master it.  The ability to never have to let your fingers leave the keys is huge.  I can only type about 18 wpm (with errors), so I am no great ad for it, but I do understand the value.

CodeTRUCKER:
I am using this tool.  I don't call it a "text editor" I call it a "writer's tool."  That's what it's designed for and that is where it shines.

AndyM:
I haven't gone thru every single point he's made, but I have both Word and Boxer Text Editor customized to use WordStar (or similar) keyboard commands across the board.  Plus I have VBA macros to do more complicated things assigned to other keyboard shortcuts in Word.

And I use a simple utility to swap the Control, Alt, and Capslock keys to put them back where they belong system wide.

I don't even like reaching for the backspace key.  That's what Ctrl-h is, and always has been, for.  AutoHotkey does that system-wide.

I'd be surprised if all of WordStar's functionality couldn't be duplicated in addition to having the power that the newer programs offer. 

(also use most of the same keyboard shortcuts in Excel, but you have to use VBA onkey to assign keys to other than Ctrl-letters, and AutoHotkey for shortcuts while editing cells since macros don't work then).

CodeTRUCKER:
...have a link?

AndyM:
And I use a simple utility to swap the Control, Alt, and Capslock keys to put them back where they belong system wide.
--- End quote ---
...have a link?
--- End quote ---

I think I got this from the Windows Resource Kit:

RemapKey Version 0.99g2
Copyright (C) 1996-1999 by Hirofumi "Hiro" Yamamoto

But I've seen several others out there in a Google Search.

They all work the same way, changing Registry Settings, Current User
or Current Machine, I think.  You have to reboot or log off then back
on but then the keys stay remapped even when the machine is rebooted
until you re-set them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version