ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Program to control program

<< < (2/3) > >>

x16wda:
Did you look at Autoit or Autohotkey?

Contro:
Did you look at Autoit or Autohotkey?
-x16wda (April 02, 2012, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose you are telling me about the script makers. I am looking for somethind done.
Best Regards
 :P

rjbull:
I refer to alternatives to ClickOff but more general. ClickOff have the ability to interact with the program to close some windows.
But it's resident all the time.
[...]
What I am looking now is a more powerful script than the one ClickOff is, but resident only when I am executing the main program.-Contro (April 01, 2012, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are various alternatives to ClickOff, some free, some not.

* PTFB Pro

* Automatically respond to prompts, popups and information requests
* From a simple button press to complex sequences of actions
* Powerful, full featured auto clicker and macro recorder
* Automatically restart programs that hang or are not responding
* Resize and reposition windows whenever they appear
* Packed full of features for professional environments
* Quick & easy to use
* RtvReco
RtvReco is designed to automate many aspects of Windows, by pressing buttons in annoying dialog boxes, choosing menu items, maximising, and minimising windows for you.
* PowerPro

* Running commands: Tool bars, tray icons, hot keys, mouse actions, menus, timer, scheduler.
* Controlling other program's windows: Close, minimize, maximize, roll-up to caption, tray minimize, position.
* Providing utility functions: Send keystrokes to programs, run commands when windows first open, virtual desktops, clipboard extender, keyboard macros, shutdown, show all folder files in a menu, sounds, wallpaper, and screensaver activation and randomization.
PowerPro is free.  The other two are payware, but there is certainly an old free version of PTFB around the net, and I think of RtvReco too.  I currently use the paid-for version of PTFB Pro.

The problem is your requirement that they not be resident - I think they have to be, to work at all.  If you only want things to operate at certain times, there are ways round it.  For example, you could use the scheduler in PowerPro, or Kirby Alarm Pro, to only launch the programs at a certain time.  Then you could use the scheduler again with, say, Taskill to (brutally) kill the process at a later time.

Contro:
I refer to alternatives to ClickOff but more general. ClickOff have the ability to interact with the program to close some windows.
But it's resident all the time.
[...]
What I am looking now is a more powerful script than the one ClickOff is, but resident only when I am executing the main program.-Contro (April 01, 2012, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are various alternatives to ClickOff, some free, some not.

* PTFB Pro

* Automatically respond to prompts, popups and information requests
* From a simple button press to complex sequences of actions
* Powerful, full featured auto clicker and macro recorder
* Automatically restart programs that hang or are not responding
* Resize and reposition windows whenever they appear
* Packed full of features for professional environments
* Quick & easy to use
* RtvReco
RtvReco is designed to automate many aspects of Windows, by pressing buttons in annoying dialog boxes, choosing menu items, maximising, and minimising windows for you.
* PowerPro

* Running commands: Tool bars, tray icons, hot keys, mouse actions, menus, timer, scheduler.
* Controlling other program's windows: Close, minimize, maximize, roll-up to caption, tray minimize, position.
* Providing utility functions: Send keystrokes to programs, run commands when windows first open, virtual desktops, clipboard extender, keyboard macros, shutdown, show all folder files in a menu, sounds, wallpaper, and screensaver activation and randomization.
PowerPro is free.  The other two are payware, but there is certainly an old free version of PTFB around the net, and I think of RtvReco too.  I currently use the paid-for version of PTFB Pro.

The problem is your requirement that they not be resident - I think they have to be, to work at all.  If you only want things to operate at certain times, there are ways round it.  For example, you could use the scheduler in PowerPro, or Kirby Alarm Pro, to only launch the programs at a certain time.  Then you could use the scheduler again with, say, Taskill to (brutally) kill the process at a later time.
-rjbull (April 02, 2012, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll take a good look and comment.
Best Regards

[/list]

rjbull:
Just checked in PTFB Pro; it turns out you don't even need an external scheduler.  It has a mini scheduler built in.  See screenshot attached. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version