topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Censorship in Schools (dancing birthday dinosaur!)  (Read 3504 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Censorship in Schools (dancing birthday dinosaur!)
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:42 AM »
Well, it's not Internet censorship, but it's still censorship, and you're not going to believe it...

Words are censored. Damaging, evil words that can seriously hurt children... Words like:

• dinosaur
  • birthdays
  • wealth
  • poverty
  • Halloween
  • dancing
  • terrorism
  • divorce
  • references to disease
  • slavery
  • creatures from outer space

Oh god, please shoot me now! Birthdays? Dinosaur? Seriously? WTF?

http://endthelie.com...s-topics-from-tests/

If anyone needed a single case to point to in order to show that political correctness has gone completely insane here in the United States, this is it. With the rise of such practices, we also see the growth of the “nanny state” which seeks to control every aspect of our lives.

The New York City Department of Education has banned several words in an attempt to be as politically correct as possible, although I see it as pure imbecilic nonsense.

There are some 50 words which are officially banned from being used on tests given to students by the city, the banning of which is outright absurd.

Some of the more insane choices are: dinosaur, birthdays, wealth, poverty, Halloween, dancing, terrorism, divorce, references to disease, slavery, creatures from outer space, and many more.

In fact, it is not just these words that are banned, but indeed the entire topic cannot be included on any tests administered by the city.

Just when you think you've heard it all, it gets worse.

Dancing birthday dinosaur! Goodbye Barney! Well... That might be a good thing... But still... Censoring Barney is still censorship! :P

But I do have to admit, this is just so utterly, completely, totally insane that I can't but laugh.

Now, I don't think that kids should be taught about terrorism, but c'mon... that's just common sense. You don't read Edgar Allen Poe or H. P. Lovecraft to kids either. There is such a thing as not being a complete moron. Like what 7 year old kid wouldn't be traumatized by watching "House of 1000 Corpses"? Heck, most adults are traumatized by anything Rob Zombie produces! :P

But, like how many people here dreamed about creatures from outer space when they were kids? Who didn't love UFOs or aliens or rocket ships or far away planets? You're likely in the minority if you didn't. Or maybe a girl - not too sure, but I didn't know too many girls that were into space aliens when I was a kid.

You just can't make this stuff up... And it never seems to stop...

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Censorship in Schools (dancing birthday dinosaur!)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:55 AM »
So sad to hear ballet is dead. Someone should tell the New York City Ballet that kids aren't welcome anymore.
http://www.nycballet.com/nycb/home/

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:01 AM »
So sad to hear ballet is dead. Someone should tell the New York City Ballet that kids aren't welcome anymore.
http://www.nycballet.com/nycb/home/

Actually, they made an exception for "ballet"...

http://www.nypost.co...ccdZuL#ixzz1qEGjpDzU

Even “dancing’’ is taboo, because some sects object. But the city did make an exception for ballet.

Here's a seriously sick part:

“But the irony is they’re eliminating some subjects, like junk food, holidays and popular music, that the broadest number of kids are likely to know quite a lot about.”

:-\

Like that's something to be proud of... god...

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05 AM »
If I were George Orwell's estate, I'd sue the NYC Board of Ed for implimenting Newspeak without first obtaining a license.  :P

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:34 AM »
If I were George Orwell's estate, I'd sue the NYC Board of Ed for implimenting Newspeak without first obtaining a license.  :P

Hahaha~! :)