ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wordpress is unacceptable

<< < (2/3) > >>

kalos:
done this

one fact is that there are much more advanced online visual editors out there and why couldnt wordpress just use one?

rgdot:
I want to upload a doc file and it breaks all the formating and images. I try to upload an html file with folder with its images and it is not possible.
--- End quote ---

Every CMS or web publishing platform will need at least some work if you are working with existing content (html, doc, etc.)

Carol Haynes:
done this

one fact is that there are much more advanced online visual editors out there and why couldnt wordpress just use one?
-kalos (March 24, 2012, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could always install an alternative editor. Just do a search.

You can also use Microsoft Word to publish blog entries: http://wpsites.net/best-wordpress-editor/how-to-use-ms-word-as-your-wordpress-editor-and-create-powerful-business-blog-posts/

If you want to enter HTML there is a built in HTML editor - just copy and paste the HTML code and make sure the image folder etc. is uploaded to  the correct path.

I have to ask if you want to upload documents to the web or preformatted HTML pages why use WordPress why not just build a static website based on pages generated the way you want?

app103:
Instead of using Word to form your blog posts, you could use an actual blog editor application like Windows Live Writer. Here is a guide for setting it up for Wordpress: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16787/tools-to-help-post-content-on-your-wordpress-blog/

It has excellent image handling (better than Word) and will allow the font changes you desire (although Carol is right about changing fonts through the style sheet)

It is by far the best post editor I have ever used.

mahesh2k:
I try to use wordpress and it's the most inconvenient thing I could ever imagine.
--- End quote ---

Try drupal and joomla and let me know what you think.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version