ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (15/26) > >>

panzer:
@panzer:
...I installed both on Slimjet. It looks like Johnny is a little bit faster detecting/disabling ads, and on some pages it finds more ads to block than ublock. If you click on Johnny's icon, then let say you click twice (to disable and enable) on stopping all ads, it starts talking (if you have sound on) :) .

I have no idea about memory footprint. Johnny is brand new, so there is no comparison against the others yet ...
-panzer (March 23, 2017, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, well done. Thanks for the report! BAJ does seem to be pretty quick/efficient. Yes, I have noticed that it talks to me. It has a rather more threatening personality than Talking Moose!
-IainB (March 23, 2017, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Go to BAJ --> Settings and uncheck Allow Bad Ad Johnny voice prompts.

IainB:
...Go to BAJ --> Settings and uncheck Allow Bad Ad Johnny voice prompts.
-panzer (April 05, 2017, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks. I had known that. I like to have the audio stay enabled as it is quite amusing! (BAJ has "bad attitude".)
For much the same reason, I like to have Talking Moose running - see Talking Moose - Mini-Review
(If you follow the links, you will see that TM is alive and well, all-improved and supported and has gone "3D" now.)

Audio can be very useful: For example, I also have xplorer² use audio when it reports an error alert, as the alert itself is transient and appears as text in the Status Bar at the bottom of the xplorer² window and the visual cue is thus quite easy to miss if one is in a hurry. So the audio is a rather nifty ergonomically useful option.

IainB:
Cross-posted as relevant.
Just discovered this today. I was adding the Chrome Simple Gmail Notes extension to Slimjet and noticed that they had a Firefox version too.

I didn't know it existed until today. Looks potentially very handy.
-IainB (April 09, 2017, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mikekolly:
I think the below extensions may be also good:

Adblock
FlashBlock
FlashGot
Tab Preview
Translate
NoScript
Web Developer
PDF Download
ListZilla 0.7
NoScript
Screen grab!

wraith808:
The Great Suspender

Allows you to keep tabs open, but manage the memory that they use by suspending them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version