ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (10/26) > >>

panzer:
@panzer:
https://www.purevpn.com/badadjohnny
-panzer (February 09, 2017, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for posting the link to Bad Ad Johnny. I installed it to Slimjet for a trial and disabled the built-in Ad blocker.
My Slimjet browser crashed shortly thereafter, and again when I restarted it. Seems to be OK now though. We shall see.
-IainB (March 11, 2017, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, how is Johnny doing? Is it good or not?

IainB:
@panzer: BadAdJohnny seems to be working quite well, so far. No reason to nix it anyway, so I shall leave it installed.

panzer:
@panzer: BadAdJohnny seems to be working quite well, so far. No reason to nix it anyway, so I shall leave it installed.
-IainB (March 23, 2017, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder how does it compare to ublock origin ...

IainB:
@panzer:
...I wonder how does it compare to ublock origin ...
-panzer (March 23, 2017, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I dunno. I thought about it, but ended up not trialling ublock origin - I recall thinking that it might take a bit too much time/trouble to install and use, so wished to avoid another potential time-bandit.
Maybe someone in the DC Forum has already trialled both and could write up a quick comparison, or maybe there's a comparison or review online that will do the job? I found several comparing ublock origin with others, but not BadAdJohnny (which seems to be a relative newcomer.).

panzer:
@panzer:
...I wonder how does it compare to ublock origin ...
-panzer (March 23, 2017, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I dunno. I thought about it, but ended up not trialling ublock origin - I recall thinking that it might take a bit too much time/trouble to install and use, so wished to avoid another potential time-bandit.
-IainB (March 23, 2017, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I installed both on Slimjet. It looks like Johnny is a little bit faster detecting/disabling ads, and on some pages it finds more ads to block than ublock. If you click on Johnny's icon, then let say you click twice (to disable and enable) on stopping all ads, it starts talking (if you have sound on) :) .

I have no idea about memory footprint. Johnny is brand new, so there is no comparison against the others yet ...
I have Kmeleon with ABS, as Ublock origin can't be installed in KM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version