ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (7/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
I had the same problem- so I stick with uBlock, and it works for me.  Might want to try it.
-Steven Avery (November 09, 2016, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I'll give it a go.

IainB:
Since adblocking is built-in to Slimjet it makes ad-blocker extensions/add-ons superfluous. Chrome, however, would still need a blocker.
 - Is that correct?

wraith808:
Since adblocking is built-in to Slimjet it makes ad-blocker extensions/add-ons superfluous. Chrome, however, would still need a blocker.
 - Is that correct?
-IainB (November 09, 2016, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is correct... as long as you trust their algorithm.  Personally, I found Slimjet slower with more memory consumption, and following issue.  And I really wanted to like SlimJet.

rgdot:
^
SpoilerOne major issue for me:
Autoplay videos consume way too much CPU and RAM for every browser I have tried, and I have tried all of them. Autoplay video ads can be blocked of course but sites that have videos for other purposes (news etc.) I should either avoid or live with high resource consumption? That is a false choice in my opinion. Eternally waiting for a programmer that "solves" this  :-\

MilesAhead:
 - Is that correct?
-IainB (November 09, 2016, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

With SlimJet you may still need the JavaScript plugin blocker.  It counters those sites that put a black popup over the whole page, making you click the 'x' to get rid of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version