ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of FileBoss

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
FileBosss was just updated to version 2.5. There might also come a version 2.6, but after such, FileBoss will take the major leap into version 3.0, which finally will fully support Unicode. Good! Because of the lack of genuine Unicode support, I have so far never used my FileBoss, more than on rare occasions.

------
Just a little something from tips & tricks:

Tips and Tricks

Meta-Variables

Did you know that you can use meta-variables when entering paths (such as destinations for copying) or when renaming a file. For example when renaming the file Family.jpg you could type Family <today>.jpg and FileBoss will replace <today> with the current date. If you enter <now> FileBoss will replace it with the current date and time.

In the same way you could enter the target for backup operation as:

D:\Backups\Accounts\<today>

and FileBoss will create a folder named with today's date and copy the files and folders to it.
--- End quote ---

I don't expect version 3.0 to be launched this year.

Curt:
[hint] It would be really nice if someone will upload an updated mini review of the new "second" version of version 3 [/hint]

http://www.theutilityfactory.com/buy/upgrading-to-v3.htm

click to enlarge:

Mini-Review of FileBoss

AbteriX:
It's not nice, Curt, to use such a big picture -which looks like text- as link.  :P
I just clicked on it to scroll down... and executed the link. I don't want to get this with NSFW links while i am at work   :down:
(i know that was not your indention, and i am not cross  :D, just had to mention)

nikk2:
Good review, helps a lot..  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version