ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When are modern Terms of Service going to change?

<< < (2/2)

Josh:
I will agree there. Much of these long TOS "contracts" are due to the overly litigious society we live in. I would love to see them shortened, regardless. I think something like the "truth in lending", from the financial industry, page could easily be setup while leaving the current TOS in place. This would provide a summary of KEY components of the terms of service to alleviate the need to read over the 32 page TOS to find the two words they changed to cover some new base.

db90h:
Yea, but it has to be made into law, else the simplification of the TOS could lead to litigation (because it isn't 'complete' in every clause). If mandated by law, then the lawsuit happy person has no basis for their claim, or it would be rejected in court. Darn litigious and greedy people - often they want something for nothing, and if they think you have something, they'll try to take your something ;p. To them, all is fair so long as it nets them a personal gain. Greed, Greed is bad (no matter what you may have been taught ;p).

IainB:
December 22nd of 2013 at 0824hrs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version