ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Review of File Renamers — let's make a list

<< < (12/14) > >>

mouser:
i know i speak for everyone when i say we'd rather have a healthy zaine and no review than a review and an institutionalized zaine...

anyone want to pick up the torch and continue this review?

ur1sn00per:
p3do Explorer [www.senosoft.com] uses Pattern Renamer plugin to rename *thumbnails*. If you are renaming images this is very convenient and covers most requirements very simply. Discovering this was a mammoth event.

superboyac:
I feel your pain, Z.  These reviews are hard work.

Renegade:
I've used Flash Renamer before, and found it quite good.

But holy mother! There are just soooo many. It would be easier for me to create my own than to review them and choose a decent one.

So - for lazy/busy ol' me - what's the final verdict? Directory Opus looks a bit ugly... Is the power worth it?

superboyac:
I've used Flash Renamer before, and found it quite good.

But holy mother! There are just soooo many. It would be easier for me to create my own than to review them and choose a decent one.

So - for lazy/busy ol' me - what's the final verdict? Directory Opus looks a bit ugly... Is the power worth it?
-Renegade (October 23, 2006, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I love Directory Opus, but I have to say that I can't figure out the renamer tool, it's just too wild and complicated.  All those (./*) symbols I couldn't figure out, nor could I find much help in the help file about it.  I can do simple things, but as soon as I start tweaking and needing to use those symbols, I'm lost.  It's one of those things where the programmers have felt that to maximize the power of the renamer, they have to make it as raw as possible.  Actually, if there is a concise tutorial about the DOpus method, I'd be very interested.  But emphasis on concise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version