ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

URGENT Board Mod Request: Sobriety Mod

(1/7) > >>

nosh:
User enables the "input module" just as (s)he is about to start drinking and chooses all possible drinks he may consume from a dropdown list.
The forum software now presents the user with (largeish) colorful buttons that represent different serving sizes for the chosen drinks so the user only has to be coherent enough to left-click the buttons as the drinking session progresses.
The forum software calculates the sobreity level and indicates it in the sidebar for everyone to see, starting from "You can talk to him" to "Just drunk enough to be manipulative, don't be taken in" to "Troll mode activated: ignore the bastard".  

Ways to prevent drunk abuse to the board:
The forum logs the user out automatically after a certain level is achieved.
Capchas and complicated calcluations to be performed in order to post.
The post button starts jumping around, so only those who can successfully click on it can post.
The buttons get progressively more vibrant and larger, eventually occupying the entire screen, so the user really has no way to post.

As you can see, I've put some serious thought into this. More suggestions are obviously welcome...

Renegade:
NOW you come up with the idea as I've started to learn how to not click POST during a heavy drinking session... Sheesh... Shoulda come out with this YEARS ago~! :P ;D

But seriously - it would be a very cool mod for those of us that know that drinking & posting is a BAD idea AND would actually use it! :P

Thankfully, I don't think I've had any embarrassing drunken posts recently. :)

nosh:
I KNOW, it's like nobody scares me as much as I fzzzzz scare myself!

In all seriousness, we need a "log me out for x hours with no way to sign in" mod.

nosh:
I've started to learn how to not click POST during a heavy drinking session

--- End quote ---
  :o :o :o

BTW, you need to enlighten us how you've achieved this extreme level of zen. People who don't drink will NOT understand. :D

Renegade:
I've started to learn how to not click POST during a heavy drinking session

--- End quote ---
  :o :o :o

BTW, you need to enlighten us how you've achieved this extreme level of zen. People who don't drink will NOT understand. :D
-nosh (March 10, 2012, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D

While it sounds funny, it's very true! :D

Part of it comes from having made a complete and total ass of yourself, with all the guilt, remorse, and embarrassment that goes along with that. Several times. At least.

For those that don't drink, if they monkey up once, they'll still never be able to get to that point of being shitfaced and knowing to not click POST. It takes practice! Lots of it! Like, cases and cases of beer, vodka, whiskey... It's a serious financial investment! ;D

Another thing that helps, is being able to figure out that the last sentence you typed took 5 minutes. And it was only 10 words. That you retyped several times each because you're so blasted that you can barely type. And when you can become aware of that, then it's only a slight, tiny step more to becoming aware of the high probability that clicking POST will make you look like a total fool. :D

I would encourage people to break out a bottle of your favourite liquor, some ice, mixer, and your favourite heavy bottom high-ball glass (because when you really drink, those tiny whiskey glasses are for pussies!), and try it out! Get into some forum with highly controversial topics, or lots of trolls. Probably make a new account though... See if you can make the account sober first and write it down, as you might not remember later. Then, see if you've made an idiot of yourself. If you did, well, forget that account and try, try again! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version