ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Basejumping+

(1/2) > >>

Shades:
Wow, amazing jump and amazing camerawork. Some bodyparts of steel are definitely required for this one:

kyrathaba:
Wow!

nudone:
I was watching that and wondering if he knew he was going to be only a few feet off the ground on, at least, two occasions...

...to which, at the end of the video he says "I came extremely close on that one".

So, by his own, extremely, extreme definitions, that was an EXTREME jump.

(I remember seeing a documentary about him, Jeb Corliss, a few years back. He wasn't flying anywhere near so low to the ground in those videos.)

tomos:
He had an accident lately (January) not sure where I read about it, but apparently he will be ok.

TaoPhoenix:
He had an accident lately (January) not sure where I read about it, but apparently he will be ok.

-tomos (March 08, 2012, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wiki to the rescue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeb_Corliss

On 16 January 2012 Jeb suffered multiple leg fractures in an accident whilst proximity flying off Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa. He appeared to strike with his feet, probably pulling up to make the edge, spinning 30 meters out before deploying his chute. He was airlifted out by the Red Cross Air Mercy Service Augusta 119.[8][9]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version