ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Concerned large number/size of copy actions too burdensome for ClipTrap

<< < (2/4) > >>

nkormanik:
After further experimentation...

The longer I pause between subsequent copy actions, the less data that ends up missing.

I'm using a macro program for all of this, by the way.

So..., for example:

Setting pause between copy actions to 2 seconds ---> 32 blocks make it
Setting pause between copy actions to 4 seconds ---> 53 blocks make it
Setting pause between copy actions to 8 seconds ---> 89 blocks make it

I know for a fact that the total number of blocks wanted copied should be 150.  Blocks are definitely being dropped.

So..., there appears to be a 'bottleneck' in the copy process.  And not all the data is making it through, before the next copy action is undertaken.

Now, the big ClipTrap question is:  Can ClipTrap 'know' if all of the data needing to be copied actually gets copied?

Is there any way for ClipTrap to somehow say "Hey there Mr. Copy Action, hold off until I get the current data set copied, please."

Any and all thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Nicholas Kormanik

mouser:
If your other program is copying stuff to the clipboard super fast, i don't think any clipboard monitor tool is going to be able to react fast enough, so putting a delay in may be required.  But the 2,4,8 second delays *SHOULD* be plenty.

May i suggest you double check your results with another clipboard tool - may i suggest my own Clipboard Help+Spell (CHS).

Then if the same problem exists with CHS, you have a clue -- or if the problem is not seen with CHS, then you have another different clue.

If the problem is not present in CHS, or if 2 seconds is enough time for CHS to get all clips -- then im sure skwire can fix ClipTrap to handle it as well.

nkormanik:
Thanks mouser.  I'll give it a go.

Additionally I'm wondering about the 'macro' program I'm using.  Maybe I can have it set up in a dynamic way so that it waits until all current copy action is completed before moving on to the next copy action step.

Presently I'm using static time delays -- i.e., 2,4,8 seconds.

skwire:
Thanks, mouser.   :D

Nicholas, try this build:  ClipTrap v1.0.5.2

I made a single change to the clipboard watcher thread that may or may not work.  I still would suggest inserting delays in between your copy operations, though.

nkormanik:
Skwire...  changes you made may have helped.

HOWEVER, that change may have created other issues for users.

So..., I suggest abandoning 1.0.5.2 and going back to the tried and true version.

Unless you are sure there was a definite improvement for all users.

I have ANOTHER idea to solve my problem, which involves you (hopefully).

Time for a new thread.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version