ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Error message when i restart my pc

<< < (3/3)

hulkbuster:
Quickly googling the message you posted, I found the following:

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/8-prog-not-found-skipping-autocheck/189754.html

This error can come due to malicious entries in autocheck registry value.
To fix this you can follow below steps :
1) Open Registry editor by opening "regedit" from run box.
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager , You will see a vaule name :BootExecute.
3) By default it should have below value. remove any extra values and hit OK.

autocheck autochk *

4) Reboot your computer to test, It should work now.
--- End quote ---

I honestly have no idea if this will do it, but the OP on that question replied that it did...worth a try I guess...Probably not a bad idea to do a virus scan anyway.
-Stephen66515 (April 19, 2012, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for this tip it really worked check the snapshot:

Again thank you for this advice all the members of the donation coder, it really is mind boggling to see how  complex Operating system is how to fix a simple problem : which we sometimes don't even fathom it would exit.Even after all the antivirus and updates and tweaking we do to keep the system up and running.
Thank you Stephen66515 :  :up: :up:

Ath:
@hulkbuster, did you understand what Stephen66515 wrote there? The 'autocheck' stuff actually belongs there, or did you remove other stray stuff we can't see any more?

hulkbuster:
yeah actually i removed the other stuff i removed which later removed the problem,,,,that is after i deleted the other crap i deleted.
Still donation coder members recommendation is a go go....:)

KynloStephen66515:
Quickly googling the message you posted, I found the following:

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/8-prog-not-found-skipping-autocheck/189754.html

This error can come due to malicious entries in autocheck registry value.
To fix this you can follow below steps :
1) Open Registry editor by opening "regedit" from run box.
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager , You will see a vaule name :BootExecute.
3) By default it should have below value. remove any extra values and hit OK.

autocheck autochk *

4) Reboot your computer to test, It should work now.
--- End quote ---

I honestly have no idea if this will do it, but the OP on that question replied that it did...worth a try I guess...Probably not a bad idea to do a virus scan anyway.
-Stephen66515 (April 19, 2012, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for this tip it really worked check the snapshot:

Again thank you for this advice all the members of the donation coder, it really is mind boggling to see how  complex Operating system is how to fix a simple problem : which we sometimes don't even fathom it would exit.Even after all the antivirus and updates and tweaking we do to keep the system up and running.
Thank you Stephen66515 :  :up: :up:
-hulkbuster (April 20, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is what we do here at DC! :D

Your very welcome  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version