ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: auto move dialog boxes nearer to mouse cursor

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scott:

dtrud0h:
I'm sorry I have to disagree with you on that point Scott.

:huh:

nevermind, never saw the point (Saved by Mouser)

mouser:
hey guys, just a friendly reminder,
try not to remove content from posts after someone has replied to them; if you feel need to retract or edit, just post a follow up, or edit the post and add a note about how you changed your mind, etc.  but if you delete stuff it makes the rest of the thread very confusing.

ps.
some of you (cough cough scott cough cough) are managing to scare the hell out of me by doing little clever hacks to their avatars and signatures and stuff :)  please limit such things to april fool's day as it confuses the hell out of me and makes me think the forum software has been hacked :)

nudone:
i apologize for removing my comment (i know it's not the done thing to do). i may be being paranoid but i got the impression from the '.' posts by Scott that i had somehow offended him so i thought it best to delete my words.

wr975:
okay, i must sound petty. but when it's happens over and over again during the day it starts to become tiresome. i'm not just talking about putting files into the recycle bin - i'm annoyed with how all dialog windows appear in the center of your monitor, thereby interrupting your workflow and having to move the cursor back and forth, back and forth, just for a simple click.
--- End quote ---

Back in Windows 3.11 I liked a tool called "Squeaky Mouse" by someone called 'ike' so much, I sent cash over to Japan and wanted to register it. Too bad my cash never reached the author and development stopped anyway. It never made it to Windows 95.

This tool would do exactly what you're looking for, just in the other way. Not move the boxes to the mouse cursor, but move the mouse cursor to the boxes.

If a message box appears, it'd move the mouse cursor to the default button. And here's the big difference: Once clicked, the program would move the cursor back to its previous position. So, you'd answer the message box, but the mouse cursor would be in the same position.

Another difference to other mouse cursor placement programs/mouse drivers: The mouse would run towards the button, no instant placement (jumping). So you'd really see it moving. The movement speed could be adjusted *and* if you'd move the mouse cursor while "Squeaky" was in control, it'd abort the operation and release the mouse cursor.

Another option was a black list, for application to leave unbothered.

FWIW, the program was called Squeaky Mouse, because each time it'd take over it turned the mouse cursor into a running mouse and do a "Squeaky" noise. :)

I'd love to see a tool like this again. It really lowered the need to move the mouse... But I guess there's a reason development stopped. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version