ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip+ and Rockbox

<< < (10/12) > >>

Edvard:
Okay, from what I can tell, the big random playlist function is in Plugins.

From the home screen, go Plugins -> Applications -> random_folder_advance_config.
Start it and hit "Generate Folder List".
When that's done, go down one to "Edit List".
Down and Up navigate the list, Right button or Main button clears an entry, holding down the Main button activates the context menu, and Left-Button exits Edit mode.
After exiting Edit mode, it will ask you to confirm or ignore changes.
After that, scroll down to "Play Shuffled".
Voila!

EDIT:Apparently 'shuffled' means it randomizes the list of folders, and plays everything in a folder before moving on to another random folder, rather than playing random songs.
More details here:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/PluginRandomFolderAdvanceConfig

What I would do is generate a giant M3U playlist of what's on your player (most media players like WMP should be able to do that), load that into your Rockbox Playlist folder, and select "Shuffle" from the "Playback Settings" menu.

oblivion:
After that, scroll down to "Play Shuffled".
Voila!-Edvard (March 16, 2012, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried that. It threw an awful lot of "error accessing directory" messages at me before it started playing anything.

Then I read on...

EDIT:Apparently 'shuffled' means it randomizes the list of folders, and plays everything in a folder before moving on to another random folder, rather than playing random songs.

--- End quote ---

I'd saved the current playlist to a playlist called "all" and only then noticed that it only contained 16 songs before reading this bit, of course.  :-[

What I would do is generate a giant M3U playlist of what's on your player (most media players like WMP should be able to do that), load that into your Rockbox Playlist folder, and select "Shuffle" from the "Playback Settings" menu.
--- End quote ---

That's the next plan. :) There's always an issue with "Play All" stuff when some of the members of "all" are podcasts or other less than musical items. At least if I do it that way, I can make sure there's nothing I don't want -- although of course every time I add something the list will have to be regenerated!

Anyway, thanks, Edvard! At least I know it's not just me missing the obvious somewhere (which was always a major possibility!)

[EDIT]

...of course, an exported m3u playlist will have local (to the PC that did it) paths for the music that won't match what the player sees, so I'll have to work out (probably by generating a few small playlists from various folders in the internal and external memory what the player expects then do a couple of massive search and replaces...

This is definitely Too Complicated. So, for all the advantages of Rockbox (playing solitaire on an mp3 player is definitely a new experience for me!) it's probably still well in the "techies only" camp...

saratoga2:
Question for you Rockbox/Sansa mavens:

I was recently given a lovely 2GB Sansa Model e250v2. Love it. But it's one of the Sansas that shipped with Rhapsody included. It's running version 03.01.16A software.
-40hz (March 14, 2012, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Theres no such thing as Rhaposdy e250v2.  There are install directions for your player in it's respective rockbox manual.

And I'm sure you've seen by now that Rockbox is not supported either.  
-superboyac (March 14, 2012, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can find a list of supported targets here:

http://www.rockbox.org

Note that it does include the e200 series and has for many years now ;)

superboyac:
Question for you Rockbox/Sansa mavens:

I was recently given a lovely 2GB Sansa Model e250v2. Love it. But it's one of the Sansas that shipped with Rhapsody included. It's running version 03.01.16A software.
-40hz (March 14, 2012, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Theres no such thing as Rhaposdy e250v2.  There are install directions for your player in it's respective rockbox manual.

And I'm sure you've seen by now that Rockbox is not supported either. 
-superboyac (March 14, 2012, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can find a list of supported targets here:

http://www.rockbox.org

Note that it does include the e200 series and has for many years now ;)
-saratoga2 (March 16, 2012, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
:huh:

saratoga2:
No real complaints there except for the cheap construction and poor preamps.  
-superboyac (March 14, 2012, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree that the construction feels cheap on the Sansa series (particularly the Fuze players), but I don't follow the "poor preamps" remark.  The clip does not include a preamp (it does not even have a line out).  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version