ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Free!

<< < (6/7) > >>

lanux128:
• Microsoft shuts down Microsoft Flight development

Deozaan:
-lanux128 (July 26, 2012, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Alaskan Wilderness, the latest - and now presumably last - add-on, launched just three weeks ago.-http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-26-microsoft-shuts-down-microsoft-flight-development
--- End quote ---

Um... This DLC launched just yesterday:

Carbon Cub Deluxe

tranglos:
-lanux128 (July 26, 2012, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um... This DLC launched just yesterday:
-Deozaan (July 26, 2012, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, both. They released the last DLC aircraft and announced the shutdown a day later (it may have even been the same day for some). A great shame, too. I was this close to upgrading my system with a new i7 CPU, board and graphics to match, just for Flight. It is / was pretty amazing, even with all the blanks not yet filled in.

40hz:
Funny how Microsoft keeps talking about how they will "continue to produce the best entertainment and gaming experiences possible."

If that's the case, why discontinue what is easily the best all around PC-based flight simulator out there?

Do they even listen to what they're saying?

Oh well...the single thing that - up till now - guaranteed I'd always need to keep at least one Windows machine in my house just disappeared. :-\

jgpaiva:
I wish that when companies like this decide to discontinue products, they at least made it open source. It could be so useful for someone who's making their own flight simulator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version