ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Free!

<< < (4/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
MSFlight vs X-Plane 10? = Gimme X-Plane any day!

tranglos:
-Stephen66515 (March 31, 2012, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tried that too, the trial. Got a god-awful frame rate, even though my system falls well within their specs. No idea why, but it was so bad I uninstalled it after one try.

Will try again some time, when I've had enough of MS Flight, but in my initial impression it was somewhat frustrating to get started with. Does it have tutorials? Aircraft info?

It's probably quite lame of me, but I find it tedious to stay up in the air for hours without anything interesting to look out the window at. Hawaii was a good choice for MS, as is Alaska, since the terrain is varied and beautiful (and provides for many challenges if you want). Don't know about X-Plane, but in FSX Hawaii looks totally bland, and anywhere else is only worse. Add-on scenery is expensive, limited and it would probably make the frame rate unplayable.

But I *am* hooked and I finally have a reason to upgrade my hardware. The only problem is I'm not sure any hardware upgrade will help in FSX, since it really depends on the CPU clock only, and the clocks today are pretty much what they were five years ago.

KynloStephen66515:
-Stephen66515 (March 31, 2012, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tried that too, the trial. Got a god-awful frame rate, even though my system falls well within their specs. No idea why, but it was so bad I uninstalled it after one try.

Will try again some time, when I've had enough of MS Flight, but in my initial impression it was somewhat frustrating to get started with. Does it have tutorials? Aircraft info?

It's probably quite lame of me, but I find it tedious to stay up in the air for hours without anything interesting to look out the window at. Hawaii was a good choice for MS, as is Alaska, since the terrain is varied and beautiful (and provides for many challenges if you want). Don't know about X-Plane, but in FSX Hawaii looks totally bland, and anywhere else is only worse. Add-on scenery is expensive, limited and it would probably make the frame rate unplayable.

But I *am* hooked and I finally have a reason to upgrade my hardware. The only problem is I'm not sure any hardware upgrade will help in FSX, since it really depends on the CPU clock only, and the clocks today are pretty much what they were five years ago.

-tranglos (March 31, 2012, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had the same problem with Frame Rate up until I upgraded my GFX card and full utilized DX11 -I also found that (still cant figure it out) with default aircraft, when you try to take off, your plane will veer dramatically to the left for no reason I can explain, other than the default Cessna loading with the rudder on full and it doesn't help to actually rudder right to account for it.

Carol Haynes:
I have absolutely no problem running MS FS X.

6-core AMD Phenom II
Sapphire Radeon HD6870
16Gb memory
Windows 7 64-bit

I would be surprised if I did have problems running it as it is supposed to work on much lower spec.

WRT veering - I wonder if it is your joystick config? I had a similar problem with my joystick in FlightGear (went round in circles!).

KynloStephen66515:
I have absolutely no problem running MS FS X.

6-core AMD Phenom II
Sapphire Radeon HD6870
16Gb memory
Windows 7 64-bit

I would be surprised if I did have problems running it as it is supposed to work on much lower spec.

WRT veering - I wonder if it is your joystick config? I had a similar problem with my joystick in FlightGear (went round in circles!).
-Carol Haynes (March 31, 2012, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can run FSX on Ultra :) - My previous post was about X-Plane  8)

*edit*

Just re-read my last post, it does look like im talking about FSX lol sorry.

Note to self: Read properly before posting a reply
Note to self 2: Dont post when your rushing around to leave

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version