ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Renew Encryption Key for offline PS3

<< < (3/3)

Josh:
I have to ask, do either of you actually USE the Linux option on the PS3? What does it give you or what benefit does it provide? I have never understood the need for this "feature".

lotusrootstarch:
There're enthusiasts in PS3 communities who want to have OtherOS feature to turn PS3 into a more dedicated media player/server, like the WD TV.

Josh:
Maybe it is just me, but my PS3 does a great job of that already. Heck, that is the primary purpose of the one in our living room. It streams directly from our media server and various other sources.

Diodato:
I have to ask, do either of you actually USE the Linux option on the PS3? What does it give you or what benefit does it provide? I have never understood the need for this "feature".
-Josh (April 13, 2012, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Personally yes. Not for entertainment use but as pure computational power-horse for some work projects. And that's what Sony widely advertized when they were releasing the PS3.
Yes I know, I bring work home ...
Maybe it is just me, but my PS3 does a great job of that already. Heck, that is the primary purpose of the one in our living room. It streams directly from our media server and various other sources.
-Josh (April 13, 2012, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't you noticed how Sony with newer releases of firmwares more and more restricted the multimedia features? According to them to "enhance" user experience, but we all know it was because of the ease to play questionable INet downloaded content. Anyway, I don't want to start a debate. Let's stick to the topic of the thread - "Renew Encryption Key for offline PS3".
Cheers everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version