ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Daemon Tools - Spring Sale

(1/2) > >>

Innuendo:
Daemon Tools is one of the best virtual disc emulators available today supporting the most disc image formats of any program in its class. It's also one of the few (if not only?) virtual disc emulator that will let you create, edit, and burn any image format it supports. Unfortunately, with great power comes a high price.

This is true no longer...at least temporarily with the Daemon Tools Spring Sale:

Daemon Tools Pro Advanced - was €54.90 - now €24.90

Daemon Tools Pro Standard - was €36.90 - now €16.90

Daemon Tools Lite - was €22.90 - now €10.90
(Note: Daemon Tools Lite is free for personal use. Purchase of a license required only for non-personal use.)

These are lifetime licenses. Prices are for one computer, but you can piggyback more PCs/instances onto your license for €8 each at the time of initial sale or later from your account. Seems reasonable to me.

IMHO, that puts even their flagship product almost square into no-brainer territory (approx US$33-34). For that price you could buy a commercial virtual disc mounting program (Virtual CD US$29.95) *or* a disc image editor/creator (PowerISO US$29.95), but even if you bought both you wouldn't have access to everything Daemon Tools Pro Advanced can do & neither support nearly as many disc image formats, either.

This is another one of those programs I said I'd buy if they ever adopted sane pricing. Given my usage patterns with disc images this was a deal I couldn't refuse.

Hope someone else finds this useful!

4wd:
Thanks!  My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.

It's even cheaper if you already have a license: €15.00 for Daemon Tools Pro Advanced

mwb1100:
My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.
-4wd (March 02, 2012, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that licenses from pre-commercial donations were supposed to be grandfathered in as lifetime?

4wd:
My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.
-4wd (March 02, 2012, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that licenses from pre-commercial donations were supposed to be grandfathered in as lifetime?
-mwb1100 (March 02, 2012, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I know of, maybe I should go check the forum a bit.

Shows you how much I know :)

Dear Community,

customers who got gifted DT Pro and therefore donated for DT, please send a message with the message that you have an old license and an Upgrade to a Lifetime License should be processed.

Regards
DT Team

Note 1: BTW please be patient as Financial department work days are Monday to Friday.

Note 2: This announcement cannot be applied to ALL customers with old licenses! It is about those customers who had purchased DTPro before it was released (pre-DTPro action).
--- End quote ---

y2kusuma:
Daemon Tools has signed up for BitsduJour, but no promotion yet. http://www.bitsdujour.com/suggest/suggest=903/

I wonder should I take this Spring Sale, or wait for BitsDuJour deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version