ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer lifetime license PRO 50% off

<< < (4/6) > >>

mwb1100:
Has there been a 64-bit version released yet? Their site seems to indicate there hasn't.
-Innuendo (June 05, 2014, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

No 64-bit version, but 64-bit shell extensions are supported.  

Sort of.  You have to select from the initial right-click menu that you want the 64-bit menu, then viola!

So it's not exactly seamless, but it's a step in the right direction if 64-bit extension support is important to you (personally, I consider it a bug for the software that's installing the extension if it doesn't install both the 32-bit and 64-bit extensions on a 64-bit system).

DonL:
Has there been a 64-bit version released yet? Their site seems to indicate there hasn't.
-Innuendo (June 05, 2014, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

No 64-bit version, but 64-bit shell extensions are supported. 

Sort of.  You have to select from the initial right-click menu that you want the 64-bit menu, then viola!

So it's not exactly seamless, but it's a step in the right direction if 64-bit extension support is important to you (personally, I consider it a bug for the software that's installing the extension if it doesn't install both the 32-bit and 64-bit extensions on a 64-bit system).
-mwb1100 (June 06, 2014, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
FYI, you can also configure it to show the 64-bit menu immediately. So it actually supports both worlds of shell extensions -- a rare thing to find.

mwb1100:
FYI, you can also configure it to show the 64-bit menu immediately.
-DonL (June 06, 2014, 12:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip - I didn't know that (obviously)!

Innuendo:
-mwb1100 (June 06, 2014, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad it's a step in the right direction, but I'm a little disappointed. I think XYplorer is the last hold-out among the major file manager players to not have a 64-bit version.

mwb1100:
With the information that 64-bit shell extensions are supported with a config option, I can't think of a reason that the main program needs to be 64-bit.

Other than to say that it's 64-bit.  I don't think there's any functional reason for it. Or am I missing something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version