ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: change cursor depending on program

(1/2) > >>

miva2:
Hello everyone, i would like my cursor to change depending on the program I'm using.

For me personally: I was playing Realm of the Mad God and noticed my cursor is not very visible in the game. So i want to have a different cursor when I am playing that game and go back to my old cursor when I quit playing (or when i alt+tab to a browser for example)
Or is it possible to make a small batchfile that changes my cursor to a predefined cursor and when i execute it again it goes back to my previous one?
I have never really looked in the power of batchfiles so I don't know if that is possible.

I'm sorry i didn't research in too much detail. I searched for "cursor" and found some interesting things but not exactly what I was looking for. My apologies If i missed the answer.

Also, Thank you very much to all programmers who make free software. Very much appreciated   :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I haven't done much in this area. But it's my impression the application that owns the window under the mouse can capture the mouse and control the cursor. You may find it simpler to substitute custom cursors for the standard Windows ones.

Something like this may work:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/3D-Red-Animated-Cursors.shtml

miva2:
I haven't done much in this area. But it's my impression the application that owns the window under the mouse can capture the mouse and control the cursor. You may find it simpler to substitute custom cursors for the standard Windows ones.

Something like this may work:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/3D-Red-Animated-Cursors.shtml

-MilesAhead (February 26, 2012, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, that is not really what I am looking for but thank you for your input.
I'm currently using a standard windows yellow cursor and i think the default white one will do the job well for me. I just need to find a way to quickly change it, whenever I see fit. Without needing to go through all the menus.

Ath:
Found this AHK tool on thebitguru, that, with some twiddling (if you can handle AHK), could be forced into auto-switching depending on the current active executable. Without twiddling it can switch on a keypress, if some hotkey is associated with the shortcut.

Needs a scheme name to be set in the script, and probably a fix for Win7 if desired, but it could be a start.

skwire:
You can use my Mat application to change the cursor via a batch file, shortcut, script or whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version