ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Genie Timeline Professional 2 for 10USD

<< < (4/5) > >>

Innuendo:
I like them because you can store your drive away from your computers, which makes it a little more burglar safe. Performance is OK but I have gigabit ethernet wiring and yet it's still kind of sluggish on the "reload folder information" bit when copying/moving from windows.

Currently I have a Zyxel one that has a bit of extra logic and can run a web server or other goodies (also has a media server but that never functioned properly for the amount of music i have)-iphigenie (February 27, 2012, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have to be careful of the low-end NAS boxes you see. They'll have a gigabit ethernet port on the back, but the box's CPU and other electronics won't be able to sustain anywhere near that speed. A few years back when I was in the market for such a device the only sub-$200 NAS that was capable of greater than 'ethernet 100' speeds was the D-Link DNS-323 (no longer sold). It's speed tests blew anything Zyxel, Netgear, Linksys, etc. had out of the water.

Just a couple weeks ago, I rejuvenated its usability by flashing a third-party firmware (a la DD-WRT) that gave it the ability to use EXT4 or even a full-blown Debian install off of it if I want. I greedily upgraded to EXT4 for the journaling and other features, but I think I'm going to  hold off on going all out with Debian.

Curt:
You still have 9 hours and 19 minutes to purchase a license at 83% off again: $10

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/genie-timeline-professional

I am not sure about the so-called "lifetime" key. I mean, why do they have a system where you can check if you're eligible to a upgrade discount: http://www.genie9.com/store/Upgrade.aspx ?

NB!
The deal is with Avangate, USA.

mwb1100:
This doesn't include lifetime updates.  The 'fineprint' tab says:

Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for 3 months. For versions after that, upgrades will require additional payment, which will be discounted.
--- End quote ---

Curt:
This doesn't include lifetime updates.  The 'fineprint' tab says: Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for 3 months. For versions after that, upgrades will require additional payment, which will be discounted.
--- End quote ---
-mwb1100 (November 08, 2013, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

-thanks.
I have written and objected to their use of the sentence: "a lifetime of protection"

I still remember when Audials gave me a lifetime key.... for version 8 and 8 alone!

Midnight Rambler:
Don't mean to rain on the parade but I'd just a soon buy a factory copy of Acronis TI 2013 off of eBay for $10, shipped than this.  I know Acronis has its haters but it is a mature product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version