ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox and LastPass problems

<< < (2/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
I use Chromium snap shots:
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html?path=Win/

I use the Win32 zip files, not the mini installer.  Also I back up the current Chromium local data and executable folders before overwriting in case I need to back it off. The snap shots are surprisingly stable.  Now and then I got that LastPass Yellow Flag.  But updating to latest LastPass for Chrome along with trying snap shots until I didn't get the yellow flag seems to have done the trick.

For privacy in Chromium there's an "about:flags" option "Disable hyperlink auditing" that supposedly prevents the tracking ping from being sent.  Also Chromium doesn't have the unique ID thing that Chrome does.

Chromium doesn't have as many extensions as FireFox but I find I don't need as many.  Also some I install but only enable manually to use, then disable again, such as bookmark sorting, dead link removal etc..

I set Chromium to load with an empty page, then have my Speed-dial2 open when I hit the Home Button or New Tab.  That way it loads quickly even if the HD is busy at launch.

I use FF as my secondary browser. Opera I use only occasionally.  Anything IE based including MaxThon, I don't use at all. I have no need to run web based ActiveX Controls or BHOs.

The nice thing about trying Chromium from zip is if I get a buggy one I copy back my local user data and exe folder backups, and the bug is gone. If you dabble across major version numbers it's a good idea to keep a backup for each Chromium version so that you don't get an error about config from a newer version if you back off.  But it doesn't take that much space. Now I only save v. 18.x and 19.x Chromium. I've been running the 18.x snap shots long enough to know I'm not going back to 17.x or earlier. A few hundred MB of backup is all I need.

cmpm:
hm, no addons showing in 'about:addons'
I know I have them.....cause they are working.....

Carol Haynes:
Oddly this morning it doesn't seem to be having a problem - first time in months.

I have tried disabling all addons ecept for LastPass but it doesn't seem to make any difference and anyway the computers I have use difffernent addons - the only ones in common are AdBlock Plus and LastPass - but even removing AdBlock Plus doesn't seem to fix things when the problem occurs.

MilesAhead:
I remember there was a long series of Chromium builds that gave the twirling yellow flag.  Once I installed LastPass 1.90.3 for chrome, it happened only on occasion. I notice FF hasn't been updated past 1.90.  Maybe they found a fix for Chrome that doesn't apply to FF?

I just tried a new snap shot yesterday. So far so good. I seem to get the yellow flag about 1 out of 3 snap shots now instead of nearly every one as before.

Carol Haynes:
Back to normal slow behaviour with FF - only extension enabled is LastPass!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version