ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I seek calendar software to suit a specific requirement.

(1/6) > >>

cranioscopical:
I need help! Well, you knew that already...  :-[

Looking back down the ever darkening tunnel of time, to the days of Borland Sidekick, I recall calendar software of a very basic kind.

This would create a month view that allowed one simply to type into any day's 'cell' whatever was required. This text appeared — in full — on the cell for that day. Not just the first few words, not a clever little coloured bar, not a link to the 'day view' but exactly what it was that one had typed. If required, the font size would reduce to accommodate longer entries, subject to reasonable limits. What's more the software would allow for printing one-month, two months, or three months per page.

I have looked at a fair bit of calendar software, but don't see anything on the market that does this, to me, simple but essential thing. Surely I'm missing something, somewhere! I still have the Borland (latterly Starfish) software but it's a little absurd to impose that on a 64-bit W7 system.

So, I throw the question to the DC Hydra...

What software for Windows will do this specific thing?

dragonmage:
Rainlendar could be just about what you need. You might have to create your own skin though, I think most of the bigger skins were Apple themed. You wouldn't be able to type directly in the square, there would be a dialog to type in but the text could be displayed in the square after it's entered. It does let you print a range of days to a grid though.

cranioscopical:
Thanks for the suggestion, dragonmage. Rainlendar didn't quite match what I'm looking for.

techidave:
I too, have been looking for this very thing.  Without any luck.  Why is it so hard to find or make?  Everybody keeps telling me to try Google Calendar.  Nope!  Not what I want.  I want to see all the words on a given day not just 4 words.   :'(

Curt:
Chris, does this particular calendar need extras, like the features you can get from most calendars? My point being, you have not mentioned any other wanted feature than what you can get in a diary.
 :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version