ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PrECISE - It's the New SOPA/PIPA/ACTA

<< < (5/5)

worstje:
Nice hoax. Doesn't look super official though, and that's probably for the best in case you're gonna get in trouble for impersonating a federal office or whatever. :-\

Stoic Joker:
After giving the user time to read this dire warning, the program begins going through top-level files in the user's Music, Pictures, and My Videos folders, deleting files. It doesn't really delete any files, but sure looks like it is -- progress bar and all. The user can try escaping with Alt-tab, Ctrl-Escape, even Ctrl-Alt-Del then Task Manager -- all to no avail.-kyrathaba (February 26, 2012, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool ... But it should have some type of kill code for emergencies. ...Either way I just know this will come it handy at some point. Thanks for sharing!

40hz:
Nice hoax. Doesn't look super official though, and that's probably for the best in case you're gonna get in trouble for impersonating a federal office or whatever. :-\
-worstje (February 26, 2012, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Love it...but....um, yeah. You might want to come up with a logo for a wholly fictitious agency or industry watchdog for this. You're sailing out on dangerous waters using the logo of a real one. Even as a joke.

kyrathaba:
Good advice, all. I've replaced Homeland Security with the "World Digital Piracy Prevention League". Try this version...

kyrathaba:
Cool ... But it should have some type of kill code for emergencies. ...Either way I just know this will come it handy at some point. Thanks for sharing!
--- End quote ---

It's coded so that it only examines the top-level files in the Videos, Pictures, and Music directories. Also, the more files there are, the faster it processes them. The entire program execution-time on my machine (it processes 150 files) is 51 seconds. It's just designed to give a quick scare. Most people don't keep a whole lot of files in the root of those particular directories, but rather use subdirectories for various genres, file-dates, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version