ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Agnitum Outpost Firewall - Lifetime License - $29.97 - Coming Soon

<< < (3/5) > >>

cyberdiva:
As for you, Ms. Diva....firewall tutoring is available upon request. ;)
-Innuendo (February 28, 2012, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, where were you when I really needed this?  ;)  Seriously, thanks very much, Innuendo.  I may eventually take you up on your offer, but for the moment, I'm  content with the Windows 7 firewall, which required nothing more of me than to turn it on.  That much I can manage on my own.  :)

berry:
Great add-on for the Windows firewall http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

The free is very good. The "Plus" is - well, a plus :) And BTJ had it on sale sometime back and it was a plus+plus.

cheers

whoops - sorry if this is considered "off-topic". If so, please let me know.

superboyac:
Great add-on for the Windows firewall http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

The free is very good. The "Plus" is - well, a plus :) And BTJ had it on sale sometime back and it was a plus+plus.

cheers

whoops - sorry if this is considered "off-topic". If so, please let me know.
-berry (February 29, 2012, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
great find, berry!  What a great little tool.

Innuendo:
I may eventually take you up on your offer, but for the moment, I'm  content with the Windows 7 firewall, which required nothing more of me than to turn it on.  That much I can manage on my own.  :)
-cyberdiva (February 29, 2012, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's nothing wrong at all with the Windows 7 firewall if all you are concerned with is stuff trying to get in. Where its weak point lies is with things trying to get out. Lots of programs try to phone home (some are benign and others not so much) so it depends on how important that aspect of your security/privacy is.

My favorite example of this is a few years ago it was discovered a very popular software DVD player was phoning home letting the developers know the title of every movie played with their software! Sure, that's nothing directly malicious, but there's no reason for them to know what their customers watched.

Innuendo:
whoops - sorry if this is considered "off-topic". If so, please let me know.-berry (February 29, 2012, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

On DonationCoder anything that contributes to the overall topic of a thread is very much welcome even if it is not exactly the product being discussed. Here we concentrate on finding what's best for each individual's needs rather than pushing the agenda of any one certain program over others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version