ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does this exist?

<< < (3/3)

dhj:
Hi and thanks for the feedback. I am a long time user of mindmapping software and am familiar with freemind/freeplane/xmind. This sort of software is great but isn't really what I am looking for. Hypernotes looks interesting but no sign of a portable version and, as you say, doesn't look to be in active development. Ah well, keep looking.

Thanks again for your input

Curt:
hey dhj. Forgive me for speaking freely without first asking ;-) However, I think you may want to re-think what feature you are requesting. Drag & drop is not the 8'th wonder of the world. It is really good, when it works, but there are so many situations when it doesn't. Mouse-mat dirty or even missing, mouse-button broken, mouse unstable, laptop newbie, etcetera. And many programs don't support Drag & drop. For these reasons I urge you to test the >"simple yet powerful solution : clipcache pro"< ( http://www.xrayz.co.uk/clipcache/ ) mentioned byMerleOne. Your mouse may be quicker when things are going your way, but in so many other situations your clipboard is just so much more stable and trustworthy than your mouse!

dhj:
HI, many thanks for the input. I tried clipcache and, as you say, a great piece of software but still isn't what I am looking for. It isn't the capturing I am having problems with it is the manipulation of the pasted object in the document. For example, all (as far as I can tell) PIM type software will only let you paste an item into a document in a linear fashion. When it is in the document you can't position it where you may need it. Word, OneNote and any DTP package lets you do this. What I am looking for is portable software which will enable you to to the same. It's possible to find software that will do this but not with a tree like outline interface as well. So what I am looking for is the capability of Word/One-Note/DTP drag and drop (move a shape anywhere on the canvas) in a portable outliner such as Allmynotes/Mynoteskeeper/Rightnote and so on.

Many thanks for your input though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version