ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

uTorrent alternatives?

(1/5) > >>

Xenonym:
After uTorrent launched their Plus program, the entire UI is getting messier and messier, and it seems that they just want to push Plus on to you at every opportunity. As such, I have decided to look for something else. Anyone here has got a great uTorrent alternative?

I don't need any plugins or whizz-bang features; anything that is lightweight and downloads torrents is fine. I have found qBittorrent, which looks like what I want, but I was wondering if you guys have anything else that you may be using.

nosh:
How about using Utorrent Free, the no-whizz-bang alternative?  :P

Xenonym:
That is what I am using (right now, anyway), but I feel like I am using a trial version of something, what with all the buttons for Plus features and constant reminders about how you should upgrade :/

nosh:
I'm surprised. I'm using their latest stable version (3.1.2 build 26746) and can't see a single plus button or nag. Just uninstall what you have and download the latest stable release from their site.

[Edit: I see they've moved on to build 26773, I'm updating now... will post back if it's gone rogue.

Updated, can't see any plus buttons here either... ]

mahesh2k:
Transmission BT? I guess they have windows version as well. I tried that on elementary (and ubuntu).

http://www.transmissionbt.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version