ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

[EXPIRED] PDFZilla free for 20 days - Ends 14 March 2012

<< < (4/5) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Shareware? PDFZilla uses pdftk.exe, pdf2swf.exe, and pdf2htm.exe. I say avoid. -PhilB66 (February 23, 2012, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Legal issues ?  Ethics ? Please share more.

Let us say an open source project fulfills some function, and a commercial wrapper around the programs is sold.  In some cases this could violate a GPL license. Or there could be a simple ethical issue of not acknowledging the source programs.   There could be some cases where the value-added, to a commercial product, is sensible.  Which level is your concern here.

Thanks.

If it is clear enough then those like Lifehacker should be informed. (They had a page a year ago on an earlier similar giveaway, a number of folks struggled with the registration.)

PDFZilla Batch Converts PDFs to Editable Formats, Is Free Until February
http://lifehacker.com/5736502/pdfzilla-batch-converts-pdfs-to-editable-formats-is-free-until-february

Lifehacker today, on new threads, seems to be making it more difficult to comment, trying to get you to use Facebook or Twitter accounts. That could be another discussions.

The zilla name come s from the excellent FTP Filezilla program.
Use by a totally unrelated company is tacky.

Steven

4wd:
The zilla name come s from the excellent FTP Filezilla program.-Steven Avery (March 06, 2012, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought it originated with Godzilla - the biggest, most monstrous of them all.

Anything else is just a pale copy.

Midnight Rambler:
Godzilla - the biggest, most monstrous of them all.
-4wd (March 06, 2012, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to get off topic but my favorite too.  Have four Godzira movies in my collection. 

4wd:
Godzilla - the biggest, most monstrous of them all.
-4wd (March 06, 2012, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to get off topic but my favorite too.  Have four Godzira movies in my collection.-Midnight Rambler (March 06, 2012, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm worse, I've got 29 Godzilla + 3 Mothra.  :-[

Midnight Rambler:
And don't forget: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6rDWqjnW7w

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version