ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

[EXPIRED] PDFZilla free for 20 days - Ends 14 March 2012

<< < (3/5) > >>

scancode:
It's much more likely that it stores the registration in the HKLM hive of the registry, where, for most locations, Admin access is required to be able to write.
-Ath (February 23, 2012, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Likely - yes, true - no :-) When I activated it I had the installation folder open in TC and noticed in the corner of my eye that a file was updated there at that very moment. Seeing as most other apps handle registration without needing admin rights, I wonder if it's worth the additional support work this must bring in.

-tranglos (February 23, 2012, 04:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

***** C:\PDFZILLA\sound.dll
   36:  czzverrhzzcv56757
   37:  asdfasdfasdfaswkk
***** C:\PDFZILLA\SOUND.DLL_
   36:  czzverrhzzcv56757
   37:  asdfasdfasdfasw21

So i'm guessing backing up SOUND.DLL (which is NOT a DLL file) should back up your registration too.

Innuendo:
Make an image of your Windows partition once a week - takes twenty minutes.  I've used Windows for close to twenty years and have never reinstalled from scratch, but images have saved my butt half a dozen times.
-mrainey (February 23, 2012, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I install and trial a LOT of programs. If I'm going to do an OS reinstall I'm going to want to shed all of that useless junk lurking around my hard drive & registry. I don't want to carry half-uninstalled program DLLs around wtih me till I upgrade to Windows 8.

PhilB66:
Shareware?

PDFZilla uses pdftk.exe, pdf2swf.exe, and pdf2htm.exe.

I say avoid.

daddydave:
Make an image of your Windows partition once a week - takes twenty minutes.  I've used Windows for close to twenty years and have never reinstalled from scratch, but images have saved my butt half a dozen times.
-mrainey (February 23, 2012, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I install and trial a LOT of programs. If I'm going to do an OS reinstall I'm going to want to shed all of that useless junk lurking around my hard drive & registry. I don't want to carry half-uninstalled program DLLs around wtih me till I upgrade to Windows 8.
-Innuendo (February 23, 2012, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

My sentiments exactly, except the Windows 8 part.

Innuendo:
My sentiments exactly, except the Windows 8 part. -daddydave (February 23, 2012, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm keeping an open mind. What Windows 8 will be in its final form isn't going to emerge until we're into the beta process. That's MS's typical standard operating procedure, but I agree. At this point in time, there's no reason to upgrade. I'm confident that will most likely change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version