ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "virtual scanner' software in one pass, outputting in PDF.

<< < (6/8) > >>

oversky:
Edited : the reason I want to use an image format rather than a text format is to avoid any possible error when converting the .doc file to the .pdf format, such as font missing and substituted by another one, etc. .  So far, all "regular" word to pdf software show a few errors here and there.  I really want a 100% perfect copy within the pdf, whatever font/text/image is used in the source document.
-MerleOne (February 21, 2012, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (February 23, 2012, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

How do you know the word to image process is perfect as you do not capture screen now?
Do you have some test doc file for share?

MerleOne:
Fair enough - but in some editors (acrobat?) you can embed the fonts you need to avoid this problem.

The problem with bitmap versions is if you want good quality printable versions of multipage documents they will get very large.
-Carol Haynes (February 23, 2012, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

The real issue is to be sure that the PDF will be the exact copy of the original Word document.  When there are many pages all with a lot of mathematical formulas, spotting manually an error due to a font or whatever other reason in a text structured PDF is virtually impossible.  Granted, the size of created files could be an issue, but it appears more manageable than random errors that would slip through.

BTW, I tried PDF Image Printer and it's exactly what I want.  Except for the price tag...

MerleOne:
Here's a little single purpose program in AutoIt that will:
-4wd (February 22, 2012, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot, will try it ASAP !

4wd:
Thanks a lot, will try it ASAP !-MerleOne (February 23, 2012, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should have put them in a comment or something, the nconvert command/options used are:

-quiet      [no CLI output - no strictly necessary since I hide the CLI window]
-multi       [multipage output]
-c 4         [ZIP compression]
-out pdf    [errr, PDF output]

I don't do any dpi/scaling/etc, so you may want to tweak the settings for enhanced output.  Just change the following line to add options:

$nconcmd = 'nconvert.exe -quiet -multi -c 4 -out pdf -o ' & $newfile & ' ' & $file

dspelley:
Realized I misunderstood what was needed!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version