ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "virtual scanner' software in one pass, outputting in PDF.

<< < (4/8) > >>

Curt:
-yes. The first image in my first post was made exactly how you said:

I currently do the following : I use the Office Document Image Writer virtual printer to convert a .doc into a .tif, then irfanview to convert the .tif into a pdf, -MerleOne (February 21, 2012, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

4wd:
Here's a little single purpose program in AutoIt that will:
a) monitor a directory for .TIF or .TIFF files
b) call nconvert to output a PDF when it sees one

eg. test.tif -> test.pdf

Put it in a directory along with nconvert.exe, (available from here).

Call it from the CLI, (you can close the CLI afterwards), like so: ncfet2p <dir>

The archive contains the executable, source, UDF and example.

Basically just a butchered version of the example script in the archive.

You can exit it using the context menu on the tray icon, (standard AutoIt icon).

NOTE: I tested it on XP using the x86 version of nconvert.exe but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work on Vista/7 x86/x64.

Feel free to do what you like with it, change it to use IrfanView, (which I don't use), or something else but remember: If it formats your drive, I wasn't anywhere near it :)

Should mention, it will overwrite any existing PDF of the same name and it doesn't delete the original TIF.

UPDATE: Pops up a ToolTip for a few seconds when it start a conversion, (just to let you know it actually recognised a file).

Carol Haynes:
PriPrinter can do this (not free though)
The Standard version does - with full bitmap output support (including multiple pages per file if target file is tiff )
The Pro version adds PDF support, but I could not see if it supports complete bitmap formats inside the PDF file (i.e. no embedded fonts/images, only the bitmap equivalent)
-NigelH (February 21, 2012, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use priPrinter Pro and the PDF is structured - not a bitmap.

The only options I can see are:

So you can't change the format of the output in the PDF (also checked the application options - no PDF options at all in there)

NigelH:
Thanks for the info Carol.
I wonder if Pelikan Software considered this might be a useful feature for PriPrinter

MerleOne:
-yes. The first image in my first post was made exactly how you said:
-Curt (February 22, 2012, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks.  My question was also : where do you change the settings ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version