ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I Need DC Input

<< < (2/22) > >>

CleverCat:
Another complete PC would cost around R4000  :(

The 'Bank Of  Mother' doesn't stretch that far  ;D

mouser:
I hear ya.. Though an old used computer would be fine for this task of secondary backup pc.

CleverCat:
I would have put my old MOBO and CPU in new case, but they couldn't take Win7..... >:(

At least all my Data is backed up on an external drive! Plus, I have an external enclosure drive....

berry:
You can "rearm" windows 7 to extend your 30 days up to 120 if you need additional time after 30 days.

cheers

4wd:
I would recommend that you remove/unplug the Maxtor before installing Win7 on the Seagate, this will prevent the system from non-booting when you eventually use the Maxtor for something else.

If you install Win7 to the Seagate while the Maxtor is plugged in, the installer will see the existing bootable HDD, (Maxtor), and add an entry to it's boot menu,  When you remove the Maxtor, (or format it to install another OS), the bootable info, (MBR, etc), will be destroyed leaving you with a non-booting system.

If you install Win7 with the Maxtor unplugged then the installer will create a new boot menu, (MBR or GPT), on the Seagate.

If you then want to switch between systems you can use the BIOS Boot Menu key, (usually Escape, F12 or F11 - depends on motherboard), which is normally displayed next to the 'Press DEL to enter BIOS' message on the POST screen, this will allow you to choose which drive you want to boot off.

Or you can add an entry to boot menu on the Seagate, (after plugging in the Maxtor), using EasyBCD, (free version link near the bottom).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version