ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Feature request: Sizable canvas.

<< < (2/3) > >>

kunkel321:
I'd like to re-submit this as a feature-request... 
Dragging the "grab bar" of the canvas (top post) would be the best solution, but a quick way to add space to the left/right/top/bottom of the current canvas would be good too. 

The "Expand Canvas to Fit Objects" would meet this purpose, but you have to enlarge the canvas before you can even drag the pasted object far enough to the side.  (again, using the above work scenario)

mouser:
An idea:

Since it's so easy to CROP after enlarging canvas to cut it down to size, what about a really quick menu item to double the canvas width+height?

So basically, you quickly enlarge it, and then trim it down manually.

kunkel321:
That would be excellent!   Remember though, it won't be helpful to double it by adding 50% to the left and 50% to the right...  Needs to be 100% added to one side or the other.

Question: Is it possible to allow the user to drag objects completely off of the canvas, and onto the grey space beyond?  Then I could zoom to 50%, drag the pasted image all the way to the side, then invoke "Expand canvas to fit objects"  ?

mouser:
it won't be helpful to double it by adding 50% to the left and 50% to the right...  Needs to be 100% added to one side or the other.
--- End quote ---
this defeats the idea.  the only way this idea makes sense if it adds to all sides for all scenarios and then lets user trim off what's not wanted.

kunkel321:
this defeats the idea.  the only way this idea makes sense if it adds to all sides for all scenarios and then lets user trim off what's not wanted.
-mouser (November 24, 2012, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see what you mean...  I guess for it to work you'd need to set width to 300% and height to 300%.    That would make it pretty big, but would still be useful, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version