ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

I want to try an experiment on the site for March 2012

<< < (18/20) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I think we should get BitCoins here on DC - Seeing as we can mine collectively - Would be cool to see how much got generated each month for DC - And seeing as you can trade them for real services and money, it could be a fun thing to do.

I know I would personally donate all my idle CPU to mining bitcoins for DC :)

https://bitmarket.eu/ <---- Trading for real money, seems possible, and seems to have an active amount of buyers/sellers - If DC just undercuts everyone selling...its a good earner lol

**edit**

For those of you who have DC open when your PC is on (Tab always open) - What real difference would it be to have one extra page dedicated to doing this? (Asides from the extra bit of noise coming from your computer due to the fans going crazy lol)

nosh:
I don't get it - what % of DC members really replied to this post and were in opposition to ads? 5-6 ppl?? Most ppl honestly don't give a fuck coz they can just block ads or whatever they don't care to see... I have my views about the whole donation model and stuff and I initially felt mouser was getting the lion's share of the revenue but guess what ... I also realized after spending considerable time here that this person completely devotes himself to this site is fucking passionate about it and completely deserves to make all the $$$ he can. This is why an asocial (bordering on antisocial) personality was convinced to donate to this site.

The only problem I have with mr. m is that he waffles and asks questions about stuff he really wants to do and seeks permission where he really doesn't need it.

I'm completely drunk so this post doesn't really count lol. low in caution high in honesty.

#i'll regret this later

nosh:
and by the way i think the whole "i'll use your cpu coz ur not as smart as me"  thing stinks.

mahesh2k:
I have no issues with mouser running ads but as I stated earlier problems are obvious here. So let's be realistic about it.

- 30 day sampling time is too low to bother.
- Donationcoder.com is tech niche site, so just see the amount of cpc value for such sites. It's horrible.
- As per data from mouser, the amount of traffic is too low for attracting CPM users, so CPC is equally useless.

My suggestion, we should start something beyond "Give away of the month" and request more software product owners, services and push the profit for the site. I for one prefer that idea because it is selling these days under "Humble indie bundle" trend.

nosh:
My suggestion is: if you start something and ruffle feathers over it, it bloody well makes sense to see it through and put it behind you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version