ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

I want to try an experiment on the site for March 2012

<< < (16/20) > >>

mouser:
Ok.. after chewing over everyone's comments, I decided to abandon the one month ad experiment for now.

Not because I think there is anything wrong with experimenting -- but because I think the comments exposed that I didn't have a good reason for doing it other than basic curiosity.  So I think instead we will wait until there is some question worth answering -- some new idea to experiment with.  If you think of anything that might be worth an experiment let us know.

IainB:
...because I think the comments exposed that I didn't have a good reason for doing it other than basic curiosity.
-mouser (March 02, 2012, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry. Yo no comprendo. When is that (basic curiosity) not a good reason for running an experiment?
The conclusions/evidence that you might be able to draw from such an experiment could help to develop a hypothesis or idea, no?

mouser:
When is that (basic curiosity) not a good reason for running an experiment?
--- End quote ---

well said -- i agree completely.

what i meant to say was: let me not waste the patience of our visitors and members by just doing random things that have little chance of providing some useful insight; let me wait until i have some experiment that is more interesting.

Stoic Joker:
...because I think the comments exposed that I didn't have a good reason for doing it other than basic curiosity.
--- End quote ---
Sorry. Yo no comprendo. When is that (basic curiosity) not a good reason for running an experiment?
The conclusions/evidence that you might be able to draw from such an experiment could help to develop a hypothesis or idea, no?
-IainB (March 02, 2012, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed, and being a have your cake and eat it too kind of guy. I'd say why not do both... Leave the main page/site intact and untouched. Then put up a separate (but site accessable) Ad experiment page that clearly says this is an experiment at the top...and contains only ads below. That way participation could be complete voluntary for those that could/would/did go to said page periodically to effect the necessary traffic.

anandcoral:
Ok.. after chewing over everyone's comments, I decided to abandon the one month ad experiment for now.
--- End quote ---

Ahhh... After generating all the curiosity,... cold water. As a husband I am, and hopefully other husbands too, have experience of same.

I was hoping to see the result and then get an idea how good / bad is to go this way.

You see, in mobile platform, users are accustomed now to get ads, if the app is free. But the scenario changes here and the  data of result may have thrown some light on it.

Anyway we will find some better or similar experiment.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version