ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Suggestion: Rename ConfigDir.ini in Portable Zip FindAndRunRobot.zip

(1/2) > >>

ptran:
I suggest that the ConfigDir.ini in the FindAndRunRobot.zip file be renamed to ConfigDir_Portable.ini. I'm making this suggestion because I don't want the ConfigDir.ini from the ZIP file to overwrite my custom settings in my ConfigDir.ini.

In the new portable zip of FARR, https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/FindAndRunRobotPortable.zip, there's a ConfigDir.ini that sets the following variables:

PORTABLE=TRUE
CONFIGDIR=.

To prevent this ConfigDir.ini from overwriting my ConfigDir.ini, I first rename my ConfigDir.ini, extract the ZIP, and then restore my original ConfgiDir.ini. In my ConfigDir.ini, I don't set PORTABLE, and I assign CONFIGDIR to a different location than ".".

If other folks are also trying to maintain their own ConfigDir.ini while using the ZIP file, then this request is probably worthwhile. If I'm the only one running into this, then it's probably not worth the change.

mouser:
I'm making this suggestion because I don't want the ConfigDir.ini from the ZIP file to overwrite my custom settings in my ConfigDir.ini.
--- End quote ---

a wise person alerted me to this before and i should have listened.

i was thinking what i might do is use a configdir_default.ini and configdir.ini, with the _default included in the zip.  so if you have your own configdir.ini it would take precedence over the default and never be overwritten.

mouser:
Implemented; will be in update pushed out this weekend.

ewemoa:
In my limited testing, the new feature appeared to be working in the latest release:

[Feature] For portable users, program now checks for ConfigDir_Default.ini if ConfigDir.ini not found; prevents your custom ConfigDir.ini file from being overwritten when unpacking portable distribution zip.

ptran:
I'm posting to confirm the 2.105.1 zip file does not overwrite my customized ConfigDir.ini.

Thanks for the change!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version