ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help me choose an online backup service

<< < (22/27) > >>

Jibz:
Yes, when I see a first post like that, I must admit the first thing I do is a quick google for the name and some keywords from the post :-[.

In this case, it shows accounts on about 10 different tech-oriented forums with only 1-2 posts that in essence are a short blurp about cloud services and a link to that same site (cloudreviews).

wraith808:
In the case that the person doesn't come back after being called out, I also think it appropriate to remove the original post.

tomos:
remove the link(s) at least?

40hz:
Yes, when I see a first post like that, I must admit the first thing I do is a quick google for the name and some keywords from the post :-[.

In this case, it shows accounts on about 10 different tech-oriented forums with only 1-2 posts that in essence are a short blurp about cloud services and a link to that same site (cloudreviews).
-Jibz (October 25, 2012, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too!  :Thmbsup:

Oh yeah...he also shows up on LinkedIn.  :deal:

Brett Daren

IT Manager at Cloud

Sacramento, California (Sacramento, California Area)
    Information Technology and Services

--- End quote ---

mouser:
I wanted to give another quick update after finally setting up an online backup service and using it for the last week.

[I went with CrashPlan but any online backup service would do fine, except to say that CrashPlan is well suited if you have a bunch of computers that you own and want to back them all up.]

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to report is simply that it's a real feeling of relief to have critical documents backed up online.  It's just one layer of redundant backup protection, but it was definitely a weak link in my prior setup if there was ever a fire/robbery.

I just want to encourage anyone who has been flirting with the idea of setting up an online backup but who hasn't done so yet, to go ahead and pull the trigger.  It truly is a set it and forget solution and it really does serve a purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version