ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Symantec False positive...

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
Wow, nice to hear that a false-positive report might actually be taken serious - I hadn't really expected that, especially with small piece of freeware like fSekrit :-O

And yeah, it definitely must have been scary to see all those warning lights go off. I got a "Wtf, that doesn't look good!" from the CSC entries until I saw the "These are clients on a windows domain and CSC is the offline files cache." part of your post, and looked up what the CSC stuff is.

Let us know when the false positive is gone (or if it doesn't disappear after a couple of updates).

PS: you should upgrade your documents to fSekrit 1.4, there's been a couple of fixes since 1.2. The most important one being file save done robustly (save to tempfile, rename/move to destination if successful) - prior to 1.4, your document was saved directly to the destination, which meant you could lose data if the save failed (saving to a network location or external drive that disappeared just at the wrong time... or a pesky AV product blocking write access at the wrong moment).

I really should have received a beating for not doing it properly the first time round :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version